• 2 AI computers, SPG

Votes: 19 3.3%
  • Other, describe below

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • AI computer, SPG

Votes: 66 11.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

71 more responses over the last month, results have not changed significantly (see How do you dive?). Half of divers responding, dive an AI computer. Nearly 40% dive a redundant computer, a third dive a gas backup, nearly a quarter dive both computer and gas backup.

View attachment 492200

Conclusion?

I primarily use a bottom timer and responded as such, but I would like to note that I am not opposed to the use of computers; I just have my computer in gauge mode because I find the information layout of this particular computer more useful in gauge mode.
Soooooo, you use a computer...... but wont admit it :eyebrow:

Not an attack... why do you use a watch? I have a diving watch i only use when snorkeling which is all the time when not diving.

No attack detected :wink:

Just in case of a rogue EMP burst :D Haha, just kidding.

Mostly because I wear it above and below the surface, snorkeling and diving. I wear a Samsung Gear watch daily and feel naked with out one. On dive trips I leave the Gear at home (so I don't accidentally splash in with the Samsung) and wear a diving watch for the trip. The luna is too bulky to wear around the surface (unlike the nice computer watches) so I'll set my bezel at the start of my SI. I'm not using the analog watch for gas management, bottom time, or anything other than what time is it.

Also, with my 2 computers, I'll check that they're both on and reading the same pressure at the beginning of the dive then focus on my Luna, pretty much ignoring the Hose Integrated computer unless I have a failure or "hmm, that doesn't look right" moment.
:cheers:

It's been almost a year since my last post. If you have not responded to the poll, please consider doing so, I would like to update the results. I have updated my vote, as I have changed configurations. You are able to change your vote in this poll.

Good diving, Craig

Done

DW

Did you draw your own? Many divers use AI, redundancy for computer, gas, or both is quite common. I've not previously seen data like this. Of course it is SB and carries the usual caveats.

Yes, the conclusion seems to be that SB respondents don't reflect the typical diving population. :D

nice. Im gonna be you by next year. got the perdix ai need another cheap ai and then a pony for travel

Just looking back on this. Guess it’s been a year. How did the upgrade go? What system did you end up with?

I’ve decided to move away from the Aeris and I’m looking to replace it with a Teric. Other than that, I have no changes.

Where it was zoop and nemo before I swapped to a Perdix non ai, mainly for the visability in caves and because of the normoxic course.
I use a bottom timer as back up, that option isn’t available to choose in the poll.

I saw someone once with 2 AI computers and 2 transmitters on a single tank OC rig. Don’t remember if he had an analogue SPG as well.

Surely the number of transmitters is relevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom