• 2 AI computers, SPG

Votes: 19 3.3%
  • Other, describe below

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • AI computer, SPG

Votes: 66 11.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perdix AI primary on right wrist, Scubapro Mantis M1 backup on left wrist, glass and brass spg in save a dive kit. I actually had to use the spg about 4 months ago when some jackarse with backmount doubles slammed into my transmitter with his tanks while crawling around me to descend while I was wrapping up my safety stop on the stern mooring line of the Duane in Key Largo. SMH His boat group couldn't wait 5 minutes as a courtesy to allow our ascending group to clear the line before they went down. I wasn't the only one he hammered on the way down. :-(
Hi @Satrekker

Did you enter your info in the poll? Sorry to hear about your transmitter, have been diving a PPS transmitter for 8 1/2 years and have never had damage, above or below water.

Out of personal interest, what GFs do you use on your Perdix and what settings on your Mantis, particularly MB level? Do the two deco algorithms run pretty closely or is that not a goal?

Thanks and good diving, Craig

I also have a Dive Watch for time that gets set as i descend, backup SPG on a short HP (its a bit of a PITA to see but its there if i need) over my shoulder with the BC infiltrator and a depth gauge on a retractor in the left BC pocket. while i have never had my Galileo Luna give up on me mid dive i have options.

i also moved my Transmitter off my 1st stage by 6 inches with a short HP as the last dive i was on some Muppet picked up the rig of the guy next to me by the 1st stage and managed to somehow snap the transmitter off its mount so yeah i decided to give mine some room to move.

======================================================================
will also freely admit to really wanting to go with the answer of "jump off a boat and try to sink" so there you have it both answers

Hi @Satrekker

Did you enter your info in the poll? Sorry to hear about your transmitter, have been diving a PPS transmitter for 8 1/2 years and have never had damage, above or below water.

Out of personal interest, what GFs do you use on your Perdix and what settings on your Mantis, particularly MB level? Do the two deco algorithms run pretty closely or is that not a goal?

Thanks and good diving, Craig

Yes, I did enter the info. Also, I do need to brag on Shearwater for their fantastic customer service. They covered the transmitter under warranty and shipped me out a brand new one the day after I reported my transmitter issues. I only had to return my nonworking one, and I think I paid shipping on it iirc. Needless to say, any future dive comp purchases will more than likely be from Shearwater.

My GFs on the Perdix are the standard settings for rec. I don't recall them off the top of my head. I've got a book on gradient factors that I plan on reading before I start adjusting settings. I want to have a pretty good understanding first. Having said that, I've never really had any issues or dissatisfaction with the default factory settings. I was on a liveaboard trip to Cocos last year and was happy with the performance.

On the Mantis, I believe the MB level is set to 0, so it's the least conservative setting iirc. I've not had any issues with the algos being way off, but having said that, I will be selling my M1 here in the next few weeks and purchasing a Teric, so my algos match.

My GFs on the Perdix are the standard settings for rec. I don't recall them off the top of my head. .

Hi Satrekker.
I made a quick review of my Perdix manual and the Shearwater folks state that the default of the system is 30/70.

Hi Satrekker.
I made a quick review of my Perdix manual and the Shearwater folks state that the default of the system is 30/70.
@Satrekker dives in rec mode, the 3 presets are 45/95, 40/85, and 35/75. I've always thought the default was medium conservatism, 40/85, but could not find it in a the Perdix Rec manual. Somebody with the computer can tell us what the default setting in rec mode is.

I would imagine that only 40/85 or 35/75 would possibly match Scubapro Buhlmann ZH-L8 ADT, run on the Mantis, even at MB0. I was curious, that's why I asked.

I had never considered the Perdix to be a “recreational” computer, and thus did not even know that there was a separate Rec Mode manual until you pointed it out scubadada. I downloaded it and just read the relevant data on Conservatism. I stand corrected sir.

If a moderator can delete my earlier post, #54, then please do so. I was unable to remove it from the thread. I do not wish to cause confusion or potential harm by my having supplied incorrect information.

I had never considered the Perdix to be a “recreational” computer, and thus did not even know that there was a separate Rec Mode manual until you pointed it out scubadada. I downloaded it and just read the relevant data on Conservatism. I stand corrected sir.

If a moderator can delete my earlier post, #54, then please do so. I was unable to remove it from the thread. I do not wish to cause confusion or potential harm by my having supplied incorrect information.
I don't think there is any need for correction, your comment is correct in that the tech mode default is 30/70. Anyone using a Petrel, Perdix, Perdix AI, or Teric should be aware of the specific mode they are using and operate accordingly.

Hope to run into you diving again someday

Good diving, Craig

Started diving with a Cobalt 2 on its own.

When I started down Tech training, I picked up two Perdix AI's and a brass/glass SPG.

Where I am today is:

NDL Dives: Perdix AI computer with wireless transmitter and button SPG
Deco Dives: Two Perdix AI's (no transmitters) and a brass/glass SPG
Liveaboards/Expensive Dive Vacations: Same as NDL setup except I stick my second Perdix in my pocket just in case.

I primarily use a bottom timer and responded as such, but I would like to note that I am not opposed to the use of computers; I just have my computer in gauge mode because I find the information layout of this particular computer more useful in gauge mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom