• 2 AI computers, SPG

Votes: 19 3.3%
  • Other, describe below

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • AI computer, SPG

Votes: 66 11.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the old days, it was a Princeton Tec bottom timer, depth gauge & tables.
These days, it depends where I am diving.
For shallow dives, not expected to exceed 30 feet with no diving planned for the next day, I just carry a depth gauge to confirm my depth.
For dives to less than 50 feet on air with no diving planned for the next day, I normally carry a depth gauge & watch then work off tables if need to do a second dive that day.
For dives to 100' on air or Nox with no deco planned, I carry a computer & a depth gauge/watch for a back up, so that at least I can time a safety stop at known depth if the computer fails.
For deeper dives & dives where I think that deco is a possibility, I bring the above rig plus a second computer. If the two computers start telling me significantly different things, I abort the dive. If they disagree by a minute or two, I go with the more conservative number.

...and a SPG with every rig

updated recently. 2 AI comps - Perdix AI + Teric. Love em! I do carry a backup transmitter and bng spg backup in save a dive kit.

Left wrist = Shearwater Perdix, non-AI
Right wrist = BT + deco slate

59 additional responses since last update:

upload_2020-1-18_9-52-13.png

Reactions: Jay
20 additional responses in the last 3 months. Poll was started 10/27/18. You are free to change your vote if you have changed your configuration, I have

upload_2020-4-22_13-29-39.png

Tables timer and spg for everything, if I could come up with a ratio deco that would suit me I’d ditch the tables.

Some of this strikes me as a bit of overkill. I have been diving since the late 1970s, and virtually every urgent or emergency situation that I have been witness to, involved those dilettante "gear heads" who bought the whole catalogue -- with an interminable web of clusters**kery on both wrists; monitors in their masks; side-slung bailout bottles half their size; extra gauges and hoses -- all mired in the kelp beds.

More often than not, they are also the turtles that I have had to right, in the beach break, on any number of occasions, in Carmel, and points south.

Keep it as simple as possible . . .

Hey @Bigbella

No judgment being made here, just a simple request for how you dive. As you see tables/timer/depth gauge/SPG is included. I hope you entered your configuration in the poll, along with the other more than 450 divers who have done so.

Very best and good diving,

Craig

Two Perdix and spgs on every reg for almost all of my diving. If I’m on a family trip and looking for a single tank or two tank trip I’ll just take my Zoop My ‘vacation’ regs have an spg and depth gauge. I wear a watch as a backup.

In OW I take a SPG and a scuba pro 330 bottom timer with me. In cave I use my xdeep bottom timer. In OW I keep the xdeep in my pocket. I enjoy looking at the graphs of the xdeep after the dive... But in sunlight the display is washed out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom