How are the Skeeters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm staying here in the swamps and it's really not bad at all. They started coming out around 7 tonight, barely any during the daytime. After slapping a few, I realized it was time for the spray. Off Deep Woods has been fine for me, they leave me alone. I have about 2-3 bites total in the four days I've been here.
Well well..things are looking up....maybe I can forget spraying my clothes.:depressed:
I see where you've avoided commenting on pk's outdoor adventure..not like you at all :D

Well well..things are looking up....maybe I can forget spraying my clothes.:depressed:
I see where you've avoided commenting on pk's outdoor adventure..not like you at all :D
In pk's defense, it was never mentioned they were outside. Maybe the mosquitos got into their room?

Not any of my business what people do in or out of their rooms unless I'm watching :)

For the record, we were inside but left the window open. I wanted the window closed, he wanted it open. He won and I got 17 bites. Never again! :no:

For the record, we were inside but left the window open. I wanted the window closed, he wanted it open. He won and I got 17 bites. Never again! :no:
I won't even do that camping without good screens. Once in recent decades I had to, when the borrowed tent turned out to be junk, right before my next tent purchase - but I stayed dressed, wrapped in a tarp, and well sprayed in case an skeeters found their way in still. My granddaughter thought my imitation of a caterpillar in his cocoon was funny.

Hot dog ! That's what I need to take to Coz..a tarp !!!!!! Probably ought to spray it with DEET first I imagine????? LOL

Back to the subject of Mosquitos Pidg, I think you will find the situation much improved from when I arrived. Heading out for dinner in a semi outdoor setting and so will let you know if I change my mind. Sprayed myself just in case. But daytime is just fine.

He was a boyfriend. :wink: I try to pick my battles wisely.

---------- Post added June 21st, 2013 at 12:55 AM ----------

Also there's a repellent called Ultrathon I use that is pretty effective. You should be able to buy it in the US.

Back to the subject of Mosquitos Pidg, I think you will find the situation much improved from when I arrived. Heading out for dinner in a semi outdoor setting and so will let you know if I change my mind. Sprayed myself just in case. But daytime is just fine.

Thanks so much for your updates...I might just make it through my 2 weeks in August without having to visit the Cozumel hospital again ! Besides, aren't the daytime mosquitoes the ones that are more apt to carry dengue? I think someone posted that somewhere...maybe DD and his Wikipedia info :confused:..and maybe someone else ?

---------- Post added June 21st, 2013 at 02:43 AM ----------

poor pk..we've had her outside with her husband , when she was really inside with her boyfriend when she was getting those bites.... looks like us "oldies" should properly process what we read..haha. Sorry about that pk..granny can blame it on early onset Alzheimers(I don't know what Mossman's excuse is)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom