How are the Skeeters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday Fact: Mosquitoes have 47 teeth. National Geographic

There are apparently a number of factors that can contribute to your own personal level of mosquito attractiveness. People with "O" blood Types are apparently preferred over Type A; Type B's fall somewhere in the middle. They are attracted to the smell of ethanol secreted though the skin, and also to body heat and carbon dioxide. So, if you have been drinking, exercising, or are pregnant, you are at a higher risk of getting bitten. Mosquitos are also attracted to dark clothing, and tend to be more active around dusk and dawn.

/QUOTE]

Well now lets see..my blood type is Aneg, I don't think I secrete much ethanol through my skin because I don't drink very much, I don't exercise while on vacation other than diving, and praise the Lord I'm NOT pregnant. So, it must be my "body heat" which does tend to become more active around dusk and dawn..ha!! :blinking: ( I only said that so cv could get his laugh for the day)

---------- Post added August 10th, 2013 at 10:53 AM ----------

Friday Fact: Mosquitoes have 47 teeth. National Geographic
You've expanded your references DD..Wikipedia must not have had this info....LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom