How are the Skeeters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They know I'm coming, so they're laying low. My secret is to get really drunk, then when the skeeters bite, they die of alcohol poisoning!

Meanwhile all those hormonal biting females get to inject you with dengue :shakehead: Hopefully, with all the DEET products you are taking you can enjoy getting really drunk without getting skeeter bites !

Seriously, though, how much worse could dengue, even the hemorrhagic fever kind, be compared to a cheap tequila hangover? I probably wouldn't even notice :)

Just got back and i have never had so many bites in my life. Those things are as big as vultures and just as hungry. They even got past our DEET Off. Our hotel finally sprayed Thursday night.

Just got back and i have never had so many bites in my life. Those things are as big as vultures and just as hungry. They even got past our DEET Off. Our hotel finally sprayed Thursday night.

C R A P !! What hotel were you staying at?
I just purchased 4 boxes of OFF Deep Woods wipes on top of the 2 bottles of spray...and am seriously considering spraying my clothes !!! If that doesn't work, I'm using limes, too and just hope I don't get "the spots"

This is the most informative and hilarious thread on ScubaBoard! I giggle at your fear Pidgiepoo because I can relate - the mozzies really love me too. Once, I slept next to someone...we were both naked. In the morning, he had zero bites and I had 17! :confused:

All this info is very helpful. Thanks.

Once, I slept next to someone...we were both naked. In the morning, he had zero bites and I had 17! :confused:

Good grief....what ever possessed you to sleep naked anywhere outside if you are a mosquito magnet?? and I can't wait 'til Mossman sees your post because I'm sure he's gonna have something memorable to say about your naked outdoor adventure. :blinking:

C R A P !! What hotel were you staying at?
I just purchased 4 boxes of OFF Deep Woods wipes on top of the 2 bottles of spray...and am seriously considering spraying my clothes !!! If that doesn't work, I'm using limes, too and just hope I don't get "the spots"
I'm staying here in the swamps and it's really not bad at all. They started coming out around 7 tonight, barely any during the daytime. After slapping a few, I realized it was time for the spray. Off Deep Woods has been fine for me, they leave me alone. I have about 2-3 bites total in the four days I've been here.

Back
Top Bottom