Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At our most recent scuba club meeting, we were discussing planing a trip to dive "Ms. V" and the question came up about the dive profile.

As I understand, the ANTICIPATED max depth will be about 120 fsw and the top of the wreck will be apx. 30 fsw. Is this correct?:confused:

Secondly, How much pentration into the wreck will be allowed for qualified divers?:eyebrow:

Finally, what is written on her bow and stern? Is it Greek or Russian or what?:confused:

Fox, all speculation at this point.... but based on the plans...

From Sink the Vandenberg

"Height: 100 feet from keel to the highest point. We have trimmed the stacks and antennas to allow the required 40 feet of clearance from the surface when the ship is deployed at 140 feet. Much of the superstructure will be just 40-50 feet below the surface. The keel and the four 8-ton anchors will rest at 140 feet."

This rough outline indicated access panels would be cut on decks facilitating easy penetration access similar to what we find on the top decks of the SG...

vandenberg_libLg.gif

The writing is likely russian/cryllic as the ship was painted/outfitted to be a russian research vessel for the movie 'virus'

-Tim

Fox, all speculation at this point.... but based on the plans...

From Sink the Vandenberg

"Height: 100 feet from keel to the highest point. We have trimmed the stacks and antennas to allow the required 40 feet of clearance from the surface when the ship is deployed at 140 feet. Much of the superstructure will be just 40-50 feet below the surface. The keel and the four 8-ton anchors will rest at 140 feet."

This rough outline indicated access panels would be cut on decks facilitating easy penetration access similar to what we find on the top decks of the SG...

vandenberg_libLg.gif

The writing is likely russian/cryllic as the ship was painted/outfitted to be a russian research vessel for the movie 'virus'

-Tim

Are we sure they are going to cut the access panels? It was my understanding that is not going to happen.

If they are going to cut them, then they would have waited until they got to key west for that (and not in the shipyard in virginia, which could have greatly increased the sinking during the tow down...)

btw... I remember that graphic from several years ago. it's a good chance that all plans of the access holes, how many ,where they are located, etc have changed over the years. (just my opinion)

If they arn't exact, I want my $10 back... :)

At our most recent scuba club meeting, we were discussing planing a trip to dive "Ms. V" and the question came up about the dive profile.

As I understand, the ANTICIPATED max depth will be about 120 fsw and the top of the wreck will be apx. 30 fsw. Is this correct?:confused:

Secondly, How much pentration into the wreck will be allowed for qualified divers?:eyebrow:

Finally, what is written on her bow and stern? Is it Greek or Russian or what?:confused:

Now Fox you know you ain't going pass 130 fsw :no::no::D

Now Fox you know you ain't going pass 130 fsw :no::no::D

From the looks of her, it will take quite a few dives just to explore everything above 100 fsw.:eyebrow: you know 120 is my personal self-imposed limit :wink:

From the looks of her, it will take quite a few dives just to explore everything above 100 fsw.:eyebrow: you know 120 is my personal self-imposed limit :wink:

I was thinkin the same thing...although it's tempting to drop down and take a gander at the screws on one of the first few dives, just to say "Been there!":lotsalove:

If they cut all of those pass throughs out, I could spend my entire vacation on this bugger and not see the whole thing!:D (not that there's anything WRONG with that!)

I was thinkin the same thing...although it's tempting to drop down and take a gander at the screws on one of the first few dives, just to say "Been there!":lotsalove:

If they cut all of those pass throughs out, I could spend my entire vacation on this bugger and not see the whole thing!:D (not that there's anything WRONG with that!)

U got dat right!:D:rocker:

I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure they removed the screw, I remember seeing a video of it on their site

I think there was discussion in another thread about the screw being removed. but not sure if it was permanent removal or just temp to make it 'fixed'.

for example they removed all the satellite dishes.... to make them so they wouldn't rotate anymore, and then re-installed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom