Help me spec my Seaskin Nova?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve seen insta buddies zipping DS with undergarments stuck in the zipper. So yeah I only zip myself

Strongly recommend you get silicone seals. I find them much more comfortable than latex.

If they offer an upgrade on knee pads, to kevlar or something similar, also get those.

comes down to if your buddy doesn't zip it closed completely shut, you are going to have a very cold time. with front zip, you can double check it is closed all the way and if you feel it seeping a bit, you can always tug it shut a bit more to try and close it. backzip, you are aborting and getting out of the water.
I just turn my head and look. I can see that the zipper is docked completely over my shoulder. I think the main issue is if they're not careful, they could get your undergarments stuck which could damage the zipper or the undergarments. Keeping the zipper well lubricated is the best way to counteract this, I guess.

Because the Seaskin Nova zipper comes up very high over the shoulder, it's easy to snag the undergarment in it at the top, especially if you're wearing the Seaskin thinsulate undergarments which have a thin outer layer. Many folks with the Seaskin drysuit and undergarment will have a bite taken out of the undergarment on the shoulder. :( I learned to be more careful after it happened a couple of times. The zipper on my other drysuit is placed lower and that doesn't happen.

Wow, that is a contender for the Guinness Record for longest zipper in a drysuit!

Yeah that one is 1300mm, I have one in stock for the next suit but it's now too short

oops

I'm trying to reduce down to it.

Do you know that I have about five suits where the neoprene has shrunk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom