Hair Management?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth Gauge once bubbled...
Actually Kjunheart, my reading comprehension skills are just fine. And, if you read my comments, I definately wasn't throwing a hissy fit. But if you read yours, it would appear that you were.

Dee,

Personally I don't care if people sell products on this board. I hope you sell a million of them. :) I was pointing out that you were encouraging the sale of one of your own items AND I've seen you discourage others from doing so. It just appeared as a double standard.

Jason

You are absolutely right, Jason. My post did sound like a hissy fit now that I have read it and am not in such touchy mood. I just didn't like seeing someone get jumped on from what I posted.

Forgive me and my emotional self?

Just fell off my chair laughing ..... Hadn't thought about the "free advertising" concept ...... if we all keep talking about this, can we get a dollar a post?????:wink:

now let's take it a step further:

girls: let's make it our mission to mention -- casually -- dee rags in every forum on scuba board. consider it subliminal advertising. for example:

* intros and greets: hi, i'm D-Rag and i'm new to the board.
* basic scuba: i've done a lot of diving with a lot of people in a lot of places, but i've never gotten certified. is this dangerous? D-Rag
* diving medicine: in an emergency, can i use my D-Rag as a tourniquet?
*scuba humor: why did the chicken cross the road? to get his D-Rag on the other side!

maybe Dee will consider giving us a commission (a Dee-Rag?) for each five we help sell. if we're really good, maybe she'll put us on staff. or maybe she'll make us custom Dee-Rags from the fabric of our choice -- whoo hoo! that's what i want!

what do y'all think?

dm

I think you girls are gonna get me and D-anything banned from the board! :rofL:

Dee once bubbled...
I think you girls are gonna get me and D-anything banned from the board! :rofL:

But you'll be making d-rags for the rest of your life trying to keep up with the orders - you wont have time for Scubaboard!!! Brng on the Dee/Doo Rags!

jepuskar once bubbled...
No Dee, I think your wrong. So when you posted your response your telling us you didn't even once think that by 'guiding' them to your site you might score a purchase?

When I first posted on this thread..I really didnt mean for it come across wrong...I really don't care if you do plug your items..more power to ya..but since every is deciding to get ANAL about it ,which seems to be the theme here, I'll get ANAL too.

Why do you feel the need to defend yourself so harshly? Then you tell us to take this to LD or KN...for what reason? I was just making an observation....I didn't even know it was against the rules to even try and sell anything on here.

Besides, you know nothing will be done...if it was me or someone of similiar low status on this board, that probably would have been yanked...

So how was Roatan?

Firstly jepuskar - if you are unaware that direct selling is not permitted on this board then I reccommend you re-read the Terms fo Service you agreed to upon signing up for your account with Scubaboard.

When there is an issue with any moderator, we still have the right to stick up for ourselves. Believe it or not we are still flesh and blood and we are aloud to air our own opinions in the public forum.

The reason we would ask you to go to KN or LD if you do have any problems is because they are the owners of the board - we act on there behalf and if a member believes we have done something wrong - then this definitely needs to be brought to there attention.

Please do not think that moderators posts do not get pulled - I had one pulled about a month ago - we are not exempt from making mistakes - however - IMHO Dee has done nothing wrong in this situation as she has not broken any TOS rules and has simply stood up for what she believes it.

Now I do suggest that we get back on topic with this thread and if you have any further things to say they are taken directly to the individual ie. me, Dee or KN/LD.

I tried a Dee Rag to try and alleviate the issue I had of trying to pull my hood down and then back up. It worked a couple of times, but post dive I removed my hood and lost the dee-rag.

I went back to the same method I use for skiing, and that is many many elastics down the length of the pony tail.. it keeps it from getting pulled out as I turn my head, and it also helps keep it from getting tugged out as there are many tie points rather than just one. I try to have an elastic every 2 or 3 inches.

Granted my hair is all the same length when pulled back, so I don't have the issues of differing lengths...

how long is your hair? you do seem like a long-hair type :wink:, but it doesn't look long in your profile photos.....

???
dm

Spectre once bubbled...
Granted my hair is all the same length when pulled back...

His hair is pretty long. It's pulled back in his pictures. I would think Spectre would be an expert on hair management!

Back
Top Bottom