Hair Management?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melee:
Hi,

I have a very silly question to ask, after reading this entire thread. I start my open water pool class tonight and was wondering if a swim cap will be a distraction when we do the “clearing the mask” exercise. I swim on a regular basis and my hair is notorious for turning green and becoming more damaged from chlorine (processed from black to light brown), plus I’d like my hair to be out of the way so that there are no distractions while I’m taking the class. Sorry, silly question, I know, but I had to ask.

Mel

Hi Mel...a cap should not pose any problem with your exercises. I'm a blond with long hair and wear several different caps. I use a 2mm Titanium Beanie which not only keeps me warm (I hate hoods),but gives me ease of movement and protects my hair. I also have a Speedo cap/beanie I wear in the pool for laps and also diving. The hairglove is good too.

You want to be comfortable and relaxed for your pool work, so if not having to worry about your hair does that for you, then I suggest getting a cover of some type for your hair.

Have fun!

Hi,

Thanks for the input. The swim cap worked like a charm and the class was very enjoyable. First time breathing underwater is pretty surreal!

Melissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom