Goliath Grouper Aggregate 2022 - The Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't have too many videos I was happy with, but this one came out pretty well.

It is in 4K UHD on YT, I think it is limited in resolution when viewed on SB.

That's the Zion Train correct? Sunday? I was looking in the opening on the upper right of the compartment the grouper was backing into. I could see what I believe were your lights streaming in as the grouper backed into the opening. It was pretty cool.

Here is another angle of what is, I believe, the same scene @Manatee Diver just posted.

That's the Zion Train correct? Sunday? I was looking in the opening on the upper right of the compartment the grouper was backing into. I could see what I believe were your lights streaming in as the grouper backed into the opening. It was pretty cool.

Yep Sunday, I think I was the only person running video lights that day, so it would have to be me.

Pretty cool to see the other side of it.

Here is another angle of what is, I believe, the same scene
Too cool "Multi-Camera" angles. @Divin'Papaw & @Manatee Diver are making this look like a Shark-Week Show on TV,,,Just need full face masks with microphones and screaming how death-defying goliaths are !

Esso Bonaire ... the last wreck of the Jupiter Wreck Trek. This GG was coming out the door I was looking in whether I moved or not!!

Sometimes you just gotta duck!!!

What camera set up are u using. Colors came out quite well

What camera set up are u using. Colors came out quite well

Just a straight up Hero 8 with natural light. I run my videos through Dive+ for color correction. Super simple process all done between the Hero 8 and my phone.

So who all is booked on Republic IV this Sunday morning?
I'm booked on the IV. Just a note on all the wave models 'accuracy'. None of their algorithm's, including NOAA's, directly factor in a named hurricane into their models. (It's hard enough just getting the normal day programmed right). So the best we do is to watch wind speed and wind direction. Right now Hurricane Earl is picking up speed & moving away faster. If the wind speed stays single digit, we'll have just 10 second easy rollers. Viz yesterday was 40 feet on the MG111 at the bottom. It's gonna be crowded on that site with even the West Palm Boats making long runs up there this week. I'm just gonna take pictures-no video this trip. Get to the parking lot early cause both boats are completely sold out for the full moon spawn event.

Below is a Pressure Map to show Earl's center,,,,it's not a waves map.
Earl20220909.jpg

I'm booked on the IV. Just a note on all the wave models 'accuracy'. None of their algorithm's, including NOAA's, directly factor in a named hurricane into their models. (It's hard enough just getting the normal day programmed right). So the best we do is to watch wind speed and wind direction. Right now Hurricane Earl is picking up speed & moving away faster. If the wind speed stays single digit, we'll have just 10 second easy rollers. Viz yesterday was 40 feet on the MG111 at the bottom. It's gonna be crowded on that site with even the West Palm Boats making long runs up there this week. I'm just gonna take pictures-no video this trip. Get to the parking lot early cause both boats are completely sold out for the full moon spawn event.

Below is a Pressure Map to show Earl's center,,,,it's not a waves map.
View attachment 742647

I was thinking the same @Johnoly looking at the forecast. I'm diving in Palm Beach all day Sat and then I'm on the Republic IV on Sunday morning. Looking like 2-3.5' rollers with a 8-10 sec period all weekend. Fingers crossed the winds stay down as is currently forecasted. Saturday afternoon is currently looking to be a bit breezier than Sunday but both shouldn't be too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom