Goliath Grouper Aggregate 2022 - The Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really bummed. I was ready to sign up, but something kept telling me no. Now I know why.
Maybe we can do another one a week or so later?

I'm really bummed. I was ready to sign up, but something kept telling me no. Now I know why.
Maybe we can do another one a week or so later?

There are already two planned. One in Aug & one in Sep. Aug 13 & Sep 11 I believe.

Aug 13 might be doable.. though seems a bit early in the season..

We had a pretty good amount last August around the full moon.

ooohh good to know..

Been trying fill the GG dives bucket list since 2019 which was totally cancelled due to tropical storm coming in & out literally soon as my plane landed on FLL. Hope this post is appropriate for the thread.

I'm eyeing the 3rd week of Aug (18-21) dives w Jupiter dive center. Weather forecast seem to show scattered thunderstorm picking up starting the 11-12th of Aug. Can any one in the area familiar w the weather pattern chime in on the conditions? With that forecast, what are the likelihood of cancellation?

TIA

It is not likely that they will cancel because most thunderstorms happen over land. In South Florida it can be pouring rain on land and not raining at all over the ocean and even if it is raining on the ocean most of the storms this time of year only last a few minutes before it clears up. It can also be raining on one side of the street and not the other! The weather forecast can also change drastically from day to day and is frequently completely wrong! The only thing that usually causes cancellations is rough seas.

..It can also be raining on one side of the street and not the other! ...
So true! This is one of the most unique rain features of Florida >>>
A boat or car can actually drive/move around a rain storm by traveling a very short distance. If a boat captain see's a rain cloud on his phone's radar, he can many times just drive the boat around the rain to an alternate Goliath site and then come back to the original site on the 2nd dive. Rain is almost never a problem for diving in south east florida.

Been trying fill the GG dives bucket list since 2019 which was totally cancelled due to tropical storm coming in & out literally soon as my plane landed on FLL. Hope this post is appropriate for the thread.

I'm eyeing the 3rd week of Aug (18-21) dives w Jupiter dive center. Weather forecast seem to show scattered thunderstorm picking up starting the 11-12th of Aug. Can any one in the area familiar w the weather pattern chime in on the conditions? With that forecast, what are the likelihood of cancellation?

TIA

In August it can rain anywhere, at anytime, regardless of what the forecast says. The forecast that far out is way too unreliable. Unless there is a tropic system, you most likely will be good to go. It might be bumpy, or dead flat. Too hard to predict this far in advance.

You can only start to get some real certainty about the forecast (wind, waves, rain chances and location) 4-5 days in advance. Anything further out is really just a suggestion.

That is my experience from living here the last 6 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom