DIR- Generic Going down the GUE path vs TDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ:
To my knowledge T3 is concerned with project oriented (very) deep diving. It's a very specific course which almost nobody on the planet needs. Besides that, as far as I know there's only one person on the planet who has it...Mario :)

I don't think there's a depth limit on T2 after the course. Max teaching depth is something different than actual diving. Having said that, I think it's wise to gain enough experience before doing that kind of dives. Not that I will ever do those dives, I know enough to know better :cool:
There is a depth limit, deco limit, and number of gases limit on the cards for t2 and t2+.

At the point where you’re bumping up against those “limits”, personal responsibility is really the main factor. It’s for adults.

There is a depth limit, deco limit, and number of gases limit on the cards for t2 and t2+.

At the point where you’re bumping up against those “limits”, personal responsibility is really the main factor. It’s for adults.

PfcAJ - If I may - I'd like to get your perspective on a point you raised before about doing T2 before CCR 1. If (a) CCR 2, as other posters here have commented, encompasses OC training at the T2 level and (b) on a dive boat, the CCR malfunctions, you can conduct the same dive (depth wise) on OC using the CCR 2 cert as opposed to skipping the dive all together- what then would be the point of T2?

PfcAJ - If I may - I'd like to get your perspective on a point you raised before about doing T2 before CCR 1. If (a) CCR 2, as other posters here have commented, encompasses OC training at the T2 level and (b) on a dive boat, the CCR malfunctions, you can conduct the same dive (depth wise) on OC using the CCR 2 cert as opposed to skipping the dive all together- what then would be the point of T2?
Training is not experience.

I 100% believe that it’s imperative to get deep experience on oc. Not “I did it once or twice in class”. Like go out there and do the dives.

Training is not experience.

I 100% believe that it’s imperative to get deep experience on oc. Not “I did it once or twice in class”. Like go out there and do the dives.

Any thoughts about TDI advanced trimix and why GUE Tec 1/2 is superior (assuming excellent TDI instructor)?

Any thoughts about TDI advanced trimix and why GUE Tec 1/2 is superior (assuming excellent TDI instructor)?
I do not have a strong opinion about TDI other than the fact that you must caveat all discussions about it with “assuming excellent instructor. With GUE, you know what you’re going to get. The standards are set and well known and the instructors are highly vetted.

@PfcAJ thanks for your answers. Other two quick questions:
1 - as far as I remember, GUE standard gas below 90m is heliox; I assume that T2 and CCR2 cover the theory for heliox diving, am I right?
2 - if CCR2 teaches the techniques for OC dives at 75m, wouldn't it make sense to do just the CCR2 course and then, before going at 75m with CCR, do some OC T2 dives, and then go with the JJ? My point here is just to avoid doing another course...

@PfcAJ thanks for your answers. Other two quick questions:
1 - as far as I remember, GUE standard gas below 90m is heliox; I assume that T2 and CCR2 cover the theory for heliox diving, am I right?
2 - if CCR2 teaches the techniques for OC dives at 75m, wouldn't it make sense to do just the CCR2 course and then, before going at 75m with CCR, do some OC T2 dives, and then go with the JJ? My point here is just to avoid doing another course...
Gues 300ft gas is 12/70 iirc. But really at that point there’s so little nitrogen in the mix that it doesn’t matter. Again, those dives require adult decisions.

I promise you no one is going to take ccr2 and then not use your ccr. Zero percent chance of that happening.

invest in yourself. Diving at this level is expensive. This is the way.

Gues 300ft gas is 12/70 iirc. But really at that point there’s so little nitrogen in the mix that it doesn’t matter. Again, those dives require adult decisions.

I promise you no one is going to take ccr2 and then not use your ccr. Zero percent chance of that happening.

invest in yourself. Diving at this level is expensive. This is the way.
This is the way.

I think one added benefit of doing T2 before CCR 1 is perhaps one would see if they really need to go on CCR or if they are satisfied enough with OC. Question is, on GUE exploration trips (which seem to be conducted mainly on CCR), do they have mixed OC and CCR teams or would one be an outcast if on OC?

I think one added benefit of doing T2 before CCR 1 is perhaps one would see if they really need to go on CCR or if they are satisfied enough with OC. Question is, on GUE exploration trips (which seem to be conducted mainly on CCR), do they have mixed OC and CCR teams or would one be an outcast if on OC?
Real exploration has everyone on the same gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom