Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penny- we usually take the very end of it, Ted parks in the turn around, and we stretch out as much as needed from there.

Shhhhh.... we were keeping the date secret from DIE. :D

scubapolly:

Now ya tell me - after I've gone and openned my big mouth.

scubapolly:
Penny- we usually take the very end of it, Ted parks in the turn around, and we stretch out as much as needed from there.

Wait a minute! We need a LARGER Chicagoland contingent! :11: Yes Tony, they are thinking of the 23rd!

Don't change it now!! My calendar is marked for the 23-24. Looks like I am going to be a free man that weekend. Looking forward to putting some faces with names.

Ok, question. Dry suit or semi dry? I've got both. Since I have never been to Gilboa I don't know. I am thinking dry.
Also planning on bringing the UW video cam so smile and say cheese whiz. :D

crpntr133:
Don't change it now!! My calendar is marked for the 23-24. Looks like I am going to be a free man that weekend. Looking forward to putting some faces with names.

Ok, question. Dry suit or semi dry? I've got both. Since I have never been to Gilboa I don't know. I am thinking dry.
Also planning on bringing the UW video cam so smile and say cheese whiz. :D

A 3mm or 5mm is fine where most of the stuff to see is which is in 35' of water less. If you want to go to the tubes or in the deep side and stay for any amout of time then dry would be best.

Just checked out their site and I agree. I was surprised to see that there is nothing on the deep side...not that I need to go 100'. Wet it is.

crpntr133:
Just checked out their site and I agree. I was surprised to see that there is nothing on the deep side...not that I need to go 100'. Wet it is.

There are a few things on the deep side, just went there for the first time last weekend. Saw the tariler and the silo.

Oh, BTW, did the deep end wet. Twice. Don't need no stinking dry suit!

45* at 117 feet!

Ken

Chris- Of course you are welcome! Would love to see you again!

Wally- I dive it all dry, then again, I'm a wuss- was going to dive NC in my dry suit a couple weeks ago, and after taking enough flack from the guys, went with just a swim suit and was fine :D

there are a couple of things on the deep side, but there is much more on the shallow side. I believe it is intentionally quite baren, to make the deep side look less desirable, to keep from attracting those without the skills, gear or experience to make those dives.

Thanks Polly!
It's nice to know I've got a friend out there! It will be nice to see you
again too! I promise this time I'll keep my mask up and not ram into you.

Back
Top Bottom