Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Don't change it now!! My calendar is marked for the 23-24. Looks like I am going to be a free man that weekend. Looking forward to putting some faces with names.

Ok, question. Dry suit or semi dry? I've got both. Since I have never been to Gilboa I don't know. I am thinking dry.
Also planning on bringing the UW video cam so smile and say cheese whiz. :D

It's a bad idea to ask this board "should I dive dry". Just ask what the temps are and make up your own mind. "Some" people here belong to the church of "I ain't divin' dry!" and some of us like myself only dive dry until they get to the warm water, which to me is around 70 (maybe) to 85 degrees. Shallow quarry water doesn't count, because there is always a thermalcline. The quarry by me is in the mid-50's at about 45', so I dive dry.

Notso_Ken:
There are a few things on the deep side, just went there for the first time last weekend. Saw the tariler and the silo.

Oh, BTW, did the deep end wet. Twice. Don't need no stinking dry suit!

45* at 117 feet!

Ken

And beat me and my DRYSUIT by 400psi on the air consumption :11: (of course I was diving my wet gloves and my head was wet as well)
Ber :lilbunny:

45 degrees and my butt is going dry...55 is pushing it.

Hey Chris, it is ever fish for himself. I think you have more time to see what is going on here than I do. I am down to 9 hours a day at work. :D I'm planning on bringing my boys. :D It will be nice to spend some time with them.

Notso_Ken:
There are a few things on the deep side, just went there for the first time last weekend. Saw the tariler and the silo.

Oh, BTW, did the deep end wet. Twice. Don't need no stinking dry suit!

45* at 117 feet!

Ken

You may not have let your computer's temperature settle down before ascending! :D

I had about 38F over by the pit and at the trailer..... brrrr...

Yeah... I am now only diving dry gloves on the deep side. Just way to chilly for my fingers to work at that depth. I think a FFM is next :D

Meanwhile, I think I'll be staying on the shallower side of the quarry. I'm a sissy when it comes to cold water. :)

wb416:
You may not have let your computer's temperature settle down before ascending! :D

I had about 38F over by the pit and at the trailer..... brrrr...

You are probably right. I do know for a fact my computer takes some time to acclimatize to a new temperature, but that is all I have to go on, I can't read the temp on my gauges accurately enough. So, consider that 45 asd the highest it could have been!

Mike needs to anchor a thermometer down there by the trailer like he has at the tubes!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom