Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notso_Ken:
You are probably right. I do know for a fact my computer takes some time to acclimatize to a new temperature, but that is all I have to go on, I can't read the temp on my gauges accurately enough. So, consider that 45 asd the highest it could have been!

Mike needs to anchor a thermometer down there by the trailer like he has at the tubes!

Ken

Your temp reading sounds much better for luring people down there though! :D

Wondering if this should be stickied to the top?

I'll bring a full face if you want to try it. I used it a couple of times and decided I prefer my normal mask, even when Ice diving. No reasonable offer refused.

Just read a few of the posts and want to make sure I've got the general idea. You guys are all planning on meeting together September 22 and 23rd at Gilboa right? Is this a just show up thing or is someone coordinating it all?

We have been talking about a camping weekend at Gilboa and since my weekend is open that weekend we just might have to join you guys.

scubagrrl06:
Just read a few of the posts and want to make sure I've got the general idea. You guys are all planning on meeting together September 22 and 23rd at Gilboa right? Is this a just show up thing or is someone coordinating it all?

We have been talking about a camping weekend at Gilboa and since my weekend is open that weekend we just might have to join you guys.

Actually we'll be there Fri-Sun 9/22-24. Many will come and go at various times, others will be able to stay the full 3 days. Just show up and join us! We try and camp started at the back of the circle and then stretching out down the road from there. There is a loose bit of coordination, but it is pretty informal. It seems like the more "experienced" folks in the group who have done this quite a few times take the lead and kind of pull us newbies along, making sure we remember the traditions/etiquette of the group (group pitch in and Las Vegas rules especially) and to make sure everyone has a buddy and HAS FUN! Who these members are shall remain nameless. You know who you are!

There will be groups of folks diving all during the 3 days. You just show up, find buddies to join up with for each dive by asking around and then go dive. During the spring M&G, I was only able to stay for 1.5 days but I got in 3 nice dives with 4 different combinations of buddies. This time I hope to arrive early Fri and stay until either late Saturday evening or hopefully through to late morning/early afternoon on Sunday. This will be my last fling on the season, so I have to get in a lot more than 3 dives this time.

Correction to my previous post and a question.

I just re-read (or at least scanned) the thread and it looks like the "official" dates are in fact Sat-Sun 9/23-24. Anyone planning on going up (or down) Friday, 9/22? I was planning on taking the day off and head up bright and early on Friday. I'd be there by around 10:30 am or so. I'd love to get a few dives in on Friday, but I want to make sure others will be there to dive with. I'm not a solo diver (yet) and I don't think Mike "ok, I know you're with this big ScubaBoard group, BUT WHO'S YOUR BUDDY?" allows it anyway.

So ...... who's heading up on Friday (9/22)? Any idea what time you'll be arriving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom