Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cork2win:
Ooh, I just found this thread. Excuse the ignorance.... I'm assuming M&G is "Meet & Greet"? I'm scheduled to do my OW checkout dives on 9/9 and 9/10 at Gilboa. Assuming I don't fail or die, I will be newly certified by the time your M&G rolls around. Hubby is in desperate need of some current diving experience since he hasn't been out in 10 years and I'm going to want all the practice I can get. This sounds like the perfect opportunity. Is a total newbie and her hubby welcome? We're in Columbus...

edited to add: Have you decided on Gilboa?

Newbies welcome! And yes, it's at Gilboa.

Divin'Hoosier:
Newbies welcome! And yes, it's at Gilboa.
Thank you! I'll check with hubby and see if we can arrange it. Do you all wear special beenies or something to identify yourselves? :wink: I'm assuming I can figure out who you all are by where you're located in the camping area?

cork2win, I'm a newbie diver and plan on making an appearance as well - should be a great time!

cork2win:
Thank you! I'll check with hubby and see if we can arrange it. Do you all wear special beenies or something to identify yourselves? :wink: I'm assuming I can figure out who you all are by where you're located in the camping area?

We all have the club tattoo on our foreheads. We'll get you yours at the M&G. :D

Seriously though, head to the back of the campground and just start asking around. That's what I did.

I'm planning on being there at some point too...as far as I know, I don't have anything else going on that weekend.

I plan to get there late in the afternoon or early evening on Friday and stay through Sunday sometime. Would love to get a dive or two in on Friday. Do they night dive at Gilboa? I have never been there before.

Betail:
Do they night dive at Gilboa? I have never been there before.

Yup, folks night dive. I haven't been on one yet, but may need to change that this time. I hear the techies light the quarry up like a runway at night with their zillion watt can lights. I fear that my lowly PT Shockwave LED and UK SL4 will look woefully inadequate, but that's just the story of my life. :(

:( While the board was down yesterday I realized that we have a wedding to go to on Saturday the 23rd. I'm trying to talk hubby into taking Friday off, that way we could head up and dive friday afternoon, maybe camp and dive again Saturday morning before heading back to town for the wedding. If he won't go, I wonder if he'll let me go alone with all you tattooed divers? :wink:

Lol...I'm sure he'd be fine with it. :)

I just realized that Becky and I might have something to go to on the evening of the 23rd...but I'm sure we'll figure out a way to get in plenty of diving and hanging out regardless.

Reggae Joe:
I just realized that Becky and I might have something to go to on the evening of the 23rd...but I'm sure we'll figure out a way to get in plenty of diving and hanging out regardless.

By "just realized", he means I reminded him. Men. :D It's Saturday afternoon/evening, so that leaves Friday night or Sunday to get wet still!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom