Gauges, gauges, gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yomar:
You can stop crossing your fingers now. It's over :wink:
maybe jj should ask a more complicated question like:

what reg should i get?
single lens mask or dual?
mask on forehead or no mask on forehead?

at least it ought to last a bit longer before being lost to discussions of sig lines and lost action heroes from looooong ago

Jag

Since it's been hijacked (minor, thank goodness, if there's such a thing as a minor hijack). I may as well do so myself. I'd have been too young for a lifeguarding course. I was a gangly 12 year old when the brick came to traumatize me :wink: (actually not much trauma there).

Ok, uh, Chip. I don't think the 104 is dorky. And, Caloy, why's Chip trying to be cute? (asks the naive stubborn headcase). Jag, I'm trying to get input I can handle, not a deluge. Imagine my mind as a coffee mug. Low pressure flow only. From what I gathered from the other parts of the forums those questions (what reg should i get? single lens mask or dual? mask on forehead or no mask on forehead?) would be akin to the Niagra Falls. I've just gotten my feet wet >_<

Definitely analog for the gauges. Analog goooood. Except for airplanes - digital makes them so much easier to fly.

regarding advice from the rest of SB: although there's a lot of good info there, local diving (everything ha: weather, culture, systems, etc) are quite different from the rest of the world so in many cases they're advice can't apply despite it's validity

for instance: there was this whole discussion before on what you pass up to the boat before boarding - some people vehemently said they will go up the boat with all their gear on, even tanks. i don't know how any pinoy would like doing that considering that we're very accustomed to "senyorito diving" here where everything is done for you except breathing hehehehehe

Jag

I do know what you mean about the senyorito (in my case, senyorita) culture we have here. I know my American friends appreciate the attention they get when they dive here.

I do understand what you're saying. From what I've experienced (not that much experience by the way) someone else already gets the equipment in the bangka (if there's a bangka) while you're drinking coffee/coke/orange juice in the waterside cafe :)

The culture goes beyond diving.

jj_freelord:
I do know what you mean about the senyorito (in my case, senyorita) culture we have here. I know my American friends appreciate the attention they get when they dive here.

I do understand what you're saying. From what I've experienced (not that much experience by the way) someone else already gets the equipment in the bangka (if there's a bangka) while you're drinking coffee/coke/orange juice in the waterside cafe :)

The culture goes beyond diving.
there you go... senyorita ka pala

Jag

Senyorita to a point. Or should I say it depends on the situation. And I suppose you're not? Ows :D

jj_freelord:
Senyorita to a point. Or should I say it depends on the situation. And I suppose you're not? Ows :D
me?!?!? senyorito!!!

i'm almost at the "you mean they DON'T carry your bags down from the car????? what sort of fly by night resort is this?!?!?!" (caloy's favorite resort :eyebrow)

Jag

shugar:
me?!?!? senyorito!!!
i'm almost at the "you mean they DON'T carry your bags down from the car????? what sort of fly by night resort is this?!?!?!" (caloy's favorite resort :eyebrow)
Jag
You mean they don't!!! Just kidding.

There are times I'm glad I'm female. Certain things I'm not allowed to do if the guys can help it--fueling airplanes, carrying passengers luggage, taking out fish hooks from the back of someone's head (I suppose that was because the hook was on my hard noggin).

I wish I could go diving. I've been off schedule for a few days. Of course that's only because I'm down with one hell of a bug. Sigh.

Still waiting for my bc before I go and get the gauges. IST gp-100 or -200 (I think the pressure and depth was). Really thanks for the recommendations. I've even checked on some shops already.

you know my life long dream has always been to learn to fly... original plan was to take an easy (but not pointless) course in college then go to PAL flying school... malay ko ba i'd be a natural for what i do hehehehehe

so if i win the lotto i'm taking flying lessons and getting my private pilot's license...

at magpapapizza din pala ako if i win

Jag

Back
Top Bottom