Scuba Gauge Talk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run a Perdix AI with transmitter. I have a brass and glass SPG on left hip for both doubles and single tank regs. I have a compass I use when necessary that’s on a bungee mount on the back of my right hand. I sight it like I do a rifle.

You won’t ever catch me using a console. Big, bulky, get in the way., and too many people let them dangle. I hate them with a passion. Danglies are Very Bad.

Now that is hilarious!

Wait till you see an OW class entering the water at a local dive site with all their stuff dangling all over the place and all in all, everyone looking like a mess.

I am looking for a pressure gauge that is directly connected to the first stage (no hose). It could be fitted directly on top of the first stage. No need to access when diving - I just want a small gauge I can access before I dive. When diving I am using my transmitter. If the transmitter or computer fails I then got a small gauge permanently fitted, difficult to get to, but it is there.

This will act as a small spare gauge and easy the see the pressure before and after the dive. Does this exist?

Most people I have seen got the gauge on a small hose. Is my suggestion a good idea? Does it exist?

Wait till you see an OW class entering the water at a local dive site with all their stuff dangling all over the place and all in all, everyone looking like a mess.

LOL – I have not DMed a class in 20 yrs, I do understand what you’re saying though. It looks to me that a AI PC and transmitter starts at a minimum of ~$900.

You guys have an air integrated PC… The PC gives you dive time, depth, tank air level. Only thing you do not have is a compass in it?

Do you guys not have a backup analog SPG?

Both my AI computer and my non-AI backup computer have a compass.

I do have a back up analog SPG that so far has only ever been used to quickly check the air pressure when hooking up to a tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom