Garmin vs shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 Terics, 3 NERD2s, a Petrel, and 2 Predators.

I never wear a Teric as an everyday watch. I don't wear a watch at all, actually.

Not sure why that doesn't make sense to you.

I like the Teric better than the Perdix AI I used to have, or any of the other Shearwaters I do have. Thus, it is my preferred dive computer for open circuit diving. That doesn't mean I want to wear it on land.
Well, you are talking preference, that's not much up for discussion.

You could prefer to wear it on the left vs right wrist, maybe forearm vs wrist, inside vs out, how about if someone says they prefer a console vs wrist, etc...

Well, you are talking preference, that's not much up for discussion.

You could prefer to wear it on the left vs right wrist, maybe forearm vs wrist, inside vs out, how about if someone says they prefer a console vs wrist, etc...

You previously said:

Buying a dive computer in a watch format and not intending to wear it as an everyday watch makes no sense to me. If that’s the case, a regular computer is a better option imho.

You haven't given any support to the notion that a "regular computer" is actually a better option. As you say, it's just your preference. But, the compass and the 4-button interface on the Teric are two things that make it objectively better than the Perdix, in my opinion.

Attachments

• 1719483585765.png
    1719483585765.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
Two Terics? I’m calling BS on that one…

What's so unusual or surprising about two Terics? Many of us dive with redundant computers. I dive with two Perdix ... a Perdix AI and a Perdix 2. Not sure why you find that unusual enough to call it BS.

What's so unusual or surprising about two Terics? Many of us dive with redundant computers. I dive with two Perdix ... a Perdix AI and a Perdix 2. Not sure why you find that unusual enough to call it BS.
Nothing…

I have and dive two Terics myself. I was just giving him crap for having lost one of those two Terics a few days prior to his post.

Nothing…

I have and dive two Terics myself. I was just giving him crap for having lost one of those two Terics a few days prior to his post.
Gotcha ... I hadn't followed all of that. I therefore missed the sarcasm. Now I get the "funny". Losing a computer over the side has always been a major fear of mine. Because of that fear, my computers stay on my wrist, are clipped onto my kit or are in my bin. I try to make no exceptions because Murphy always strikes when you least expect it.

Gotcha ... I hadn't followed all of that. I therefore missed the sarcasm. Now I get the "funny". Losing a computer over the side has always been a major fear of mine. Because of that fear, my computers stay on my wrist, are clipped onto my kit or are in my bin. I try to make no exceptions because Murphy always strikes when you least expect it.
Wise words of advice right there!

I try very hard to do the same. I hate losing even a bolt snap, my cheap ass would be sick over losing a $1000+ piece of kit.

Are you talking about preference or existence?

Preference. The floating compass on the rim of the Teric is way nicer and easier to use than the Perdix compass. Yes, it's just personal preference but I haven't run across a single person yet who doesn't agree.

I do recall posts from one person who claims to actually prefer the 2-button interface of the Perdix over the 4-button of the Teric. So, again, personal preference, but I think the overwhelming majority of people would say that the 4-button interface is nicer and easier to use.

lol! Yeah! Get 'im! lol!

But seriously, @MyBuddy is one of my best friends IRL. But, he almost never posts on SB and I didn't even know his screen name. I figured it out, though! Ha ha! I called him out in a PM shortly after his posts the other day. :D

And he is NOT lying about his cheap ass. lol! He would have jumped out of the boat while underway and would have FOUND that Teric. I have NO doubt.

Back
Top Bottom