Galileo Luna Firmware Upgrade Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebrewer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In attempting to upgrade my Luna to 1.6 or 1.7 I get a failure message: "Invalid file - no download allowed!" I'm using what I believe to be the current version of SmartTRAK, 2.0801 and have tried both 1.6 and 1.7 firmware files. I'm running Windows 8.1 Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi, just did the 1.6 to 1.7 on my Luna and it worked first time.Loaded Galileo Setup from SmartTrakHolding the IR receiver for eight minutes a pain and I am running Windows 7 64bit.Have you got access to a Windows 7 PC? If yes, I would try that.

---------- Post added August 10th, 2015 at 10:12 PM ----------

Update: Not sure going to 1.7 was such a good idea...Now with whatever back-light time-out I set, the display stays on for a full 60 seconds.I have tried a factory reset (which does not loose any dive history) but that made no difference.Anyone else had this problem?I just hope the rest of it still works...

Hmm I tried to do 1.6 to 1.7 yesterday and it prompted me for a pin code ?? I don't know where to locate it ? Anyone else know where I need to locate this pin code ?

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Thanks all for the responses. The pin code is located in the text file for the 1.6 upgrade but it's omitted in the 1.7 upgrade but the same pin works.

Jules, I currently have v1.2.

Ah ok that would be why I could not find it ! Thanks bud

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

I used 313 which is the default security code mentioned in the Luna's manualNot sure if 1.7 actually adds any new features...

Back
Top Bottom