G260 carbon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it is actually carbon fiber. From the SCUBAPRO literature...
  • Stylish and durable carbon fiber front cover and reinforced technopolymer casing are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
  • Lightweight carbon fiber design is 24 grams lighter than the standard G260, making it more comfortable for those long diving days.
  • Carbon fiber is extremely durable, able to resist substantial bumps and shocks without damage.

Except it's not a carbon fibre face plate it's carbon fibre wrap or carbon fibre placed over plastic. Misleading or lying I'm not sure which. But yes, it's lighter than the standard G260 face plate.

WTF is “aggressive diving”? Does that involve Mike Nelson, a BFK and cutting an exhaust hose?
:giggle: I think he means abusive. I cannot be sure if some divers are purposely abusive of their equipment or if just by default abuse is the result. Like not clipping off your seconds and then dragging them across the deck and then setting a tank down on top of them and then throwing them into a pickup truck that was last used to haul a camel and then piling everything into a Zodiac and then having numerous people sit atop the gear and then letting a tank fall on them. Somethings like that :eek:. But, I would never do such things to my gear, no way :shakehead:.

I have no idea of how the carbon fiber covers will hold up in use but the durability of the G250 and G260 is well established.

G260 Silver Tech Carbon :shocked::

How did that happen :eyebrow: !
Man - them is defective - all the center "S" stickers are catawhompus.

Man - them is defective - all the center "S" stickers are catawhompus.
Just for those who do not know, the G260 has a purge button lock seat saver and pressing and turning ccw engages the lock, thus the buttons appearing, uh, catawhompus. Pressing the purge button disengages the lock and returns the buttons to proper orientation.

WTF is “aggressive diving”? Does that involve Mike Nelson, a BFK and cutting an exhaust hose?
What is aggressive driving? Any unsafe driving behavior, performed deliberately and with ill intention or disregard for safety."

I think I like my version of “aggressive diving” better, although Nemrod’s has a certain charm.

What are you using for a necklace? I am looking for another option.

A necklace that is anything other than handmade from nothing but bungee is a big, fat, waste of money.

The necklace should be sized properly for the user. It should not be so short that the bungeed reg is in the way or creates discomfort. And, it should be no longer than necessary (see Rule #1).

Making a necklace is SUPER simple. Take one longish piece of skinny bungee and tie a double Fisherman's knot. Like is shown in this video. His "two ropes" are just the two ends of your single piece of bungee.

When you get to the step where you pull the two knots together, just insert your reg mouthpiece into that hole first, and then pull it nice and tight, so you have one knot on each side of the mouthpiece.

And done. 10 cents of bungee and 10 minutes of time. With no tools (other than scissors and a lighter to melt the ends) needed and no plastic anything anywhere than can break.

If you want to get really fancy, you can make an adjustable length necklace by using 2 pieces of bungee and tying the ends together as shown, then tie the other two ends together the same way. One pair of knots goes around your mouthpiece.

The other pair of knots slide to make that other loop bigger or smaller, thus making the whole necklace bigger or smaller. (you don't put anything through that "other" hole in the necklace. You just have a double thickness of bungee behind your neck when you're using it.)

A necklace that is anything other than handmade from nothing but bungee is a big, fat, waste of money.

The necklace should be sized properly for the user. It should not be so short that the bungeed reg is in the way or creates discomfort. And, it should be no longer than necessary (see Rule #1).

Making a necklace is SUPER simple. Take one longish piece of skinny bungee and tie a double Fisherman's knot. Like is shown in this video. His "two ropes" are just the two ends of your single piece of bungee.

When you get to the step where you pull the two knots together, just insert your reg mouthpiece into that hole first, and then pull it nice and tight, so you have one knot on each side of the mouthpiece.

And done. 10 cents of bungee and 10 minutes of time. With no tools (other than scissors and a lighter to melt the ends) needed and no plastic anything anywhere than can break.

If you want to get really fancy, you can make an adjustable length necklace by using 2 pieces of bungee and tying the ends together as shown, then tie the other two ends together the same way. One pair of knots goes around your mouthpiece.

The other pair of knots slide to make that other loop bigger or smaller, thus making the whole necklace bigger or smaller. (you don't put anything through that "other" hole in the necklace. You just have a double thickness of bungee behind your neck when you're using it.)
This is what I have now and it tends to slip around the mouthpiece and comes loose. I saw the plastic ends in the photo and wondered if those were available to try and keep the knots tight and in place. I am not interested in putting anything under the ziptie at this point. However, I do appreciate you taking the time to explain this, I had found it last year when my rubber necklace failed finally.

Hijack over, sorry Buddhasummer!

:) Yes, but, there is the but ----. I lost my necklace once (and later found it in my bag) but was in a dive shop that had the Dive Rite necklace so grabbed one until I could tie up another. Then I decided I rather like the little triangular shaped plastic sleeves that only need an overhand knot and are more compact in use. Yeppers, make your own with the fisherman slip knots and a piece of bungee material. Oh, and the Dive Rite necklaces come in colors like pink and blue in addition to Darth Vader black :stirpot:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom