G260 carbon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got two recently for an esteemed member😉 Not cheap and yes you need R195 friction ring and new purge decal if you want change out the standard silver one.

Price check requested.

Be in touch.

Will the original purge button work? I kinda like the silver with carbon fiber

They look cool All Black:

IMG_5005.jpeg

They look cool All Black:

View attachment 842435

Simon,

Is that a Mark 11 there? I just picked one up for a song and a dance in Bonaire. I like it. I am going to run the red carbon dip G250 that I am building now on a 40 inches hose and my new DGX BCI for a streamline and lightweight travel rig.

I know the DIR people will call out a hit on me, but now after running a long hose for nearly ten years and becoming entangled in it on several occasions when a water doff is required that it has become apparent and self serving that I need at least one rig without a wrapped long hose.

I like those 195 covers on the G260. Looks sharp, good idea.

Edit to add. Okay, the hydrodip did not go as planned. Apparently I was either sent the wrong film or I ordered the wrong film :crying:. The base colors do not show through as expected. But, the good news is they look freaking cool anyways :). The film is just too opaque for the result I initially wanted. Oh well, learning curve.

And finished. These just did not want to cooperate at all. Whenever painting something, no matter what it is, sometimes it is a fight. In this case I suspect years of somebody in prior ownership spraying down the poor things with silicone or Tung oil or shoe polish or only the deity above would know, the first attempt was ugly. I went to a more aggressive cleaning and final flaming with a torch and then did them over. Also the film I chose was more opaque than I had wanted but I like it anyways. So, two new carbon fiber G250s.

The SprayMax 2K clear is super tough stuff. My original set of G250s I dipped have not gotten any scratches or chips despite surviving now over 200 dives including being drug over rocks by a kind bedouin gentleman to help me get geared up (more than once), having a tank drop on another and then getting unceremoniously piled multiple times into inflatables and then getting walked and sat on. They have met my field standards for durability.

In the world of SCUBA diving, there is the G250 (and G260) and then there is all of that other junk :stirpot:.

BTW, these two regulators last belonged to Robert (Couv) Couvillon. Though not part of the several that Robert gave to me or the several more he buddy sold to me, I got these from the gent who purchased most of dear Couvs leftovers. They are rock solid and breath like a dream come true.

I wonder if those R195 covers would hydrodip?

Out in the garage as we speak doing one G250 in red base and another in blue base for a carbon fiber dip film overlay. Gonna be cool!
will you be posting pictures of the final project?

will you be posting pictures of the final project?
I thought I just did? In post #87? Is there something else you would like to see :).

I am going to run the "red" G250 on a new Mark 11 as primary on a 40 inches hose with an angle adapter at the second stage. The backup will be a DGX BCI combo unit. The "blue" unit will pack with a 22 inches hose should I want to run with a more standard two second stages rig removing the BCI. So, at this time they are both dedicated to my Mark 11 travel rig.

Here is the first G250s I did. Probably already posted in this thread or another :wink:. These used a silver base coat and the 2K clear top coats:

I thought I just did? In post #87? Is there something else you would like to see :).
My bad, for some reason I am getting a broken link to the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom