Ft. Myers Beach New Year's Eve Day!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, how about Lover's Key at 10:00 a.m.? Is that too late if people are going to want to dive? Then I'd say we can plan on eating around noon-ish and just hanging out at our leisure for the afternoon. I still haven't had a chance to find out if there's anything going on that night on Ft. Myers Beach... It's just been a crazy week so far, but I'll try to call tomorrow.

We'll be meeting at the pavilion on the south end of the beach. Once you get to the State Park, you'll pay your $3 entrance fee and park in the main parking lot near the gift shop. You'll see a little tram station just to the left of the shop if you're facing it. Take the complimentary tram to the south end of the beach, which is really your only option since the closer beach is still closed as of our last visit, and then you'll have to walk a little bit to get to the pavilion on the beach. There's only one pavilion, so you can't miss it. If you get lost or run into any problems, you can reach us on Colin's cell phone: (239) 878-2328.

And, yes, let's get a list going of who's planning on attending and who's bringing what.

Love, Kris

I am still tenative, and I am confused (so what is new you ask, right?) This party is New Years EVE, or New Years DAY?

Its during the day on New Years Eve because you can't go to a ball drop count down or anything on New Years Day since at 12.00.01 on 01/01/05 it's already over. :)

Okay, I finally called the Chamber of Commerce to find out that Ft. Myers Beach will be doing a fireworks display for New Year's Eve at midnight if anyone's interested. We went one year and had a good time. It was pretty laid back.

The Days Inn on the beach is having a New Year's Eve party with tickets at $50. Too much for our budget, but I thought I'd pass that info along as well.

I'm thinking we could hang out at Lover's Key for the day and then head to Ft. Myers Beach for the evening. We could hit Dusseldorf's (a local pub) or something like that, and then head to the beach for the fireworks.

Any thoughts??

~Kris

sounds like fun......

Works for me. I am in will be there with bells on.
Direction can be found on this site: http://www.floridastateparks.org/loverskey

Colin/Kris it has been a long time since I have been there, the website does say they have a boat ramp Kewlness. Now if they only have a tram running to and from the parking lot and the boat ramp I think diving would be good. Now lets all pray for Good weather between now and then.

KBeck- got to agree with ya there, it will be a might bit cold, and and extended SI might be the ticket!

Even if I offer warm blankets for ya both during the SI???

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom