Free Tax Help for Scubaboarder Members!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if I had to stay in the hotel so I could shower for work?

Travel expenses(food and lodging) have to be in excess of 50 miles from home requiring an over night stay for ordinary and necessary business expenses.

Sure wish this thread was somewhere that I could give Dennis the thanks she deserves.

@LewisEvans had a good question - If he buys his favorite girl implants is that deductible? it was necessary for her to stay competitive in the work place.

Actually, if she is in that profession where such enhancement contributes to her livelihood it has actually been known to be allowed in court cases..

When I pimpslap my ho, can I write off the diamond that falls out of my pinky ring?

That would fall under the business casualty loss and not be subject to the excess of 10% of adjusted gross income rule. Bear in mind that all proceeds from said endeavor are taxable.

usually he charges 50.00 an hour.

The loss of income is not a deduction, only the value of the tangible asset which was lost. If you lose $50, you have to claim the $50 as income and then take it as a loss so it negates itself, so only the value of the lost asset is deductible and only if you have not previously taken depreciation over a period of the normal life cycle of the ass(et) and it has any basis left.

Last edited:
did that cover the stripper pole in you dive trailer?

Income from such adventures will be considered a hobby loss and therefore not allowable as a deduction unless you show a profit 3 out of 5 years.

Is "medical" marijuana 100% deductible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom