for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think if this goes well, Bob is hoping to do something similar once a month through the summer. With luck, you can make the next one!

Zach, PM me if you ever need a dive buddy, I'm still pretty new at it,and I'm in the same boat you are. My few friends that do dive are outa state.

PuyallupCoug:
I was looking around on this site and this was exactly what I was looking for. It's too bad the time is a little early. I'm still in Pullman for finals and next week on the 10th and 11th I'm doing my NAUI open water certification over in Hood Canal. If you guys put something like this on later in the summer I would love to attend. None of my friends are divers and I really want to make this a hobby, I just have no one to dive with. I hope everyone has fun this wednesday, sounds like a blast!

Zach
Zach ~ Welcome to Orca Bait. You will have no trouble finding dive buddies here.
We welcome new divers and experienced divers alike. I am sure we will have many mentor dives over the summer. You are welcome to join us when you can.

Keep your eyes on the Ocra Bait thread. Often we will announce whenever a few of us are going diving and we will again welcome others to join us.

Dang- not gonna be able to dive with y'all this afternoon- sorry, hope I can make another weekday/ afternoon dive soon. I'm gonna have to go do one of my AOW dives w/ my PADI instructor- our class schedule fell apart due to a couple people getting sick the other weekend, and my instructor and two other students have been e-mailing, trying to synch our complicated schedules up so we can finish....

We'll be doing them regularly for the next few months ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am not going to make this afternoon either. So much to do at home and work.
You leave for a week and well things just pile up. I hate when that happens.

Well, it was a very nice time. We had 16 divers altogether ... 7 newbies and 9 mentors. I think everyone had fun, despite the poor vis.

We'll do it again next month ... June 7 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks to Bob for setting this up, the crew from FifthD for taking us out, and especially to Lynne for being a great buddy. She was patient, I had a blast, and learned a lot on this dive. The highlight may have been Lynne expertly deploying her backup light when my battery went dead . . . :D

A great chance to learn from some people that clearly love this sport, and are willing to share with us new divers. I'll be back next month, visibility be damned (although I dare not ask if it can get worse . . . )

Yes, thankyou to all who helped out with this, i had fun, it's nice to get out and meet some new people. I look forward to diving with y'all in the future... my suit is always up for getting wet...both inside and out.
See, now, it might just be me...but I didn't find vis all that bad... once you got below the 'clines But I don't get these vacations to the tropics some of ya'll go on... not sure if I said it before here, but my O/W instructor said, "The better the visibility, the farther you have to swim to see something new."

This is such a fun thing to do. I had a great time, challenging poor Dsteding's buoyancy by swimming as slowly as I could so I wouldn't swim into something before I saw it. And I'll bet he thinks I actually NAVIGATED to everything we looked at, instead of falling over it by surprise. At any rate, we managed to find a few nudibranchs, some perch and some rockfish, and stay in contact with one another, which was a challenge at times. Hooray for Salvo 18W HID lights!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom