for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold_H2O:
You just need to walk around asking are you part of the mentoring group.
Or you could wander around looking lost ~ one of us will snag you. :D

I will share that any new diver that is looking to get out and dive ~
THIS IS HOW YOU WANT TO DO IT.
You will not find a better group of folks to show you the ropes.

Bob ~ I just got back in country. Must pick up my tanks. Reorganize my gear.
I WILL TRY AND MAKE IT. I do love these mentor dives.
Can I be a newbie this time ? :D

I will call and let you know if I can do this or not.
You can be anyone you want to be Colleen ... :D

On a sadder note, remember your little dive buddy from the last time we dived together? I regret to say I found his body in Cove 3 last week-end ... he looked like he'd gotten too friendly with a boat or something.

RIP little buddy ...

Hows this going to work? Will it be like in school, all us newbys line up and ya'll pick the one you want? I know I'm not in a cool black dry suit like everyone else... It's middleschool and the imitation no fear shirt all over again..... lol... umm, seriously though, I like using my purty new NITROX card, so what % should I get?
Thanks for organizing this, I'm looking forward to it. I hope to have my new DIY light up and running by wed. I'm bringing a backup prime just in case though....

Well, I'd be pretty sure we wouldn't go below the MOD of 36%. I rarely do, anyway!

I doubt there will be any formal arrangements . . . There certainly weren't before. It just all sorts of shakes down. But anybody getting buddied with me needs to know that I'm a subversive DIR promulgating troll type (see the solo diving thread :) )

TSandM:
But anybody getting buddied with me needs to know that I'm a subversive DIR promulgating troll type

Lynne,

That doesn't scare me-but your avatar does. I for one am looking forward to diving with the voodoo-DIR types. God forbid, I might learn something.

Plus, it will be the first time I've gotten my new salvo light wet, I bought it a month ago and then had to work 30 days in a row.

DIR?? they are the ones that promote Jacket BC's, flutter kicking, and the traditional octo in the mouth guard clip right????
I'm with dsteding on this one... I'm in this for ...well a chance to dive.... but getting my rig better set...although it is all rental for now...but it'll be good to get some opinion on my weighting and such.... I'm down to 36 lbs, last dive I felt heavy on the surface though.... I'm planing on doing the DIR setup when I make the big plunge(pc, bc, reg) this summer...unless someone can give me a job... : D .... aww.... then incorporate the essentials class in with my Master's course...after my rescue... anyways.. 36% it will be! thanks.. I'll be the guy in the big yellow dry suit looking lost by the way.... so if y'all see me, fill free to come over and drag me off to the group.

NWGratefulDiver:
On a sadder note, remember your little dive buddy from the last time we dived together? I regret to say I found his body in Cove 3 last week-end ... he looked like he'd gotten too friendly with a boat or something.

RIP little buddy ...
:frown:

:bawling:

:17:

Kwbyron:
Hows this going to work? Will it be like in school, all us newbys line up and ya'll pick the one you want? I know I'm not in a cool black dry suit like everyone else... It's middleschool and the imitation no fear shirt all over again..... lol... umm, seriously though, I like using my purty new NITROX card, so what % should I get?
Thanks for organizing this, I'm looking forward to it. I hope to have my new DIY light up and running by wed. I'm bringing a backup prime just in case though....
I'll hook folks up with a dive buddy as they arrive. You and your buddy can make a dive plan, based on your experience and gear level.

I doubt any of these dives will be particularly deep ... even when we dive with experienced divers, we will rarely go deep with someone we haven't dived with before. And there's no need to, really ... there's plenty to see above 70 fsw or so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
You can be anyone you want to be Colleen ... :D

RIP little buddy ...
Oh that is so sad. He was such a cutie. I will miss seeing him agian.

That is sad....about the little seal. I really enjoyed the pictures.
Have fun everyone.
I will have to join you on the next one. Still trying to move into my new house.
K

I was looking around on this site and this was exactly what I was looking for. It's too bad the time is a little early. I'm still in Pullman for finals and next week on the 10th and 11th I'm doing my NAUI open water certification over in Hood Canal. If you guys put something like this on later in the summer I would love to attend. None of my friends are divers and I really want to make this a hobby, I just have no one to dive with. I hope everyone has fun this wednesday, sounds like a blast!

Zach

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom