First year of marriage really the hardest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been happily married for the past 3 years, and lived with my wife for a few years before hand.

The first years of our marriage were great: we travelled the world, dived everywhere we could and had a great time together.

I use the past tense as recently we had a baby.

We are now sleepless prisoners to this little alien. :D I am told it will begin to act like a human in the years to come. I can't wait.

My advice to anyone wanting a child is go out and get a dog instead.

Certainly don't have a child if you have any doubts about your relationship.

Cheers,
Rohan.

I've been happily married for the past 3 years, and lived with my wife for a few years before hand. .........................

The first years of our marriage were great: we travelled the world, dived everywhere we could and had a great time together. ...................

I use the past tense as recently we had a baby......................

My advice to anyone wanting a child is go out and get a dog instead.
Hmmmmm, mebbe why my beautiful wife and I are so engrossed in each other: no brats to spoil the relationship............

My sincere congratulations to those that can balance being lovers and parents. I had some experience with that in a previous marriage, wanted no more of it. Some of us are able to deal with it, others, not.

Be a lot more long term marriages if that could be clarified early on in a relationship.....................

Been married 15 years. 1st year was grand and easy, surprisingly, as I was/am very set in my ways.
We had 1 hard year, maybe 4th or 5th, and it was due to disagreements on how to deal with our teenage daughter, who was/is somewhat of a problem child.
I couldn't have asked for a better wife- she is easily the best part of me.
I will underscore what others have said about communication.
Spencer

First 10 years were easy. Now with 9 month old around it's hard. If we can get some sleep it will all work out! Good luck and just go dive somewhere! :D

On the other hand: My parents married a month after they met, after only 4 dates. (there was a war going on) They just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. You can beat the odds.

I've been married for 15 years (second time around). The first few years were the easiest. I'd agree with other comments about kids...uh...they can make it tough (especially if his ex and mother of his kids is..."evil?"). Ours are grown now and out of the house....I'd say the 15th is the hardest...LOL!

I think finances and kids are the two big fight/unhappy/crazy ex's/divorce issues.

So, any opinions on first year of divorce? How's that go??

uh...one word...UGLY! Pretty much count on starting all over again in regard to housing, lifestyle, etc. At least that was my experience. Everything is divided in half, and if you've been married a while, that's a lot to divide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom