First year of marriage really the hardest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uh...one word...UGLY! Pretty much count on starting all over again in regard to housing, lifestyle, etc. At least that was my experience. Everything is divided in half, and if you've been married a while, that's a lot to divide.

so if you got doubles, you gotta go back to singles?

On the other hand: My parents married a month after they met, after only 4 dates. (there was a war going on) They just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. You can beat the odds.

WOW! Congratulations to them! That's an amazing accomplishment and a beautiful love story to be proud of. Gives me chills...

I've been married for 15 years (second time around). The first few years were the easiest. I'd agree with other comments about kids...uh...they can make it tough (especially if his ex and mother of his kids is..."evil?"). Ours are grown now and out of the house....I'd say the 15th is the hardest...LOL!

LOL... Guess marriage takes work no matter what year you're in. SO glad I don't have a crazy ex to deal with.

From experience I can tell you that if you can get through the first 38 years the 39th is easy.

From experience I can tell you that if you can get through the first 38 years the 39th is easy.
OTOH, my wife was very worried about our 24th year, since I was retiring and would be at home full time.
She was worried about too much of a good thing, I guess. :banana:

It was an adjustment, but we survived the start of retirement, just like other major changes in our lives, and look forward to our 35th anniversary next month.

Actually the last few minutes of the marriage is the hardest.

We've been married for 17 years. It seems to have flown by... The 1st were not hard, because neither one of us wanted or expected the other to change in any way once we were married. But we were grownups when we got married.
Kids. Dear God, wait on those.... Until you buy ALL the gear you ever wanted and have been to All the exotic diveplaces you ever wanted, and on all the naked vacations you ever dreamed of.....

They are wonderful, the light of my life, I love them more than anything, I wouldn't trade them for the world...... But then again, nobody has actually offered the world..... I have teenagers. I'd trade them for a chicklet...

Don't get caught up in yourself, have fun. Always have fun. We do and it definitely has worked for us.
Also, have several favorite liquors and beers.... daily

My wife and I have been married since 1992 and together since 1984. We are both retired and are together 24-7. I would be like a fish out of water without her. Marriage is a wonderful thing and always remember the simplest lessons be honest and loyal(or whats the use)
My 2cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom