Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased 4 sets of these for me, my wife, and 2 daughters.

EXP Regulator Yoke

Absolutely no regrets. I have bought some other bigger brand reg sets in used package deals off of craigslist and the Hog/Edge regs breath just as good as the others. They ran a special a little over a year ago and I think I bought each set for around 300 including the Octo. I found SPG consoles for less than 100 somewhere, but, I would strongly recommend buying an air integrated dive computer like the Oceanic data pros with a compass instead. I love mine. After my wife dove with it once......I had to buy her one too.

DRIS also give loyalty points so 10% of your purchase value goes towards credit on your next purchase. That bought my wife's Lavacore wetsuit.

Good luck,
Jay

I prefer the D1 over the D3. The D1 has been "in the wild" for a few years now and has a good track record. The D3's PVD coating scratches easily.

I'd go for one of the complete sets, Zeagle, ScubaPro or Hog. As the Zeagle and SP are used, and more than $100 cheaper than the Hog, I'd go with one of them, probably the SP due to it's ability to be serviced just about anywhere. All of the listed rigs are good, so you can't go wrong with any that you are looking at.

Been diving scubapro for 43 years, the worst thing that has ever happened is a slight leak in an exhalation diaphragm. Which happened on dive number 899. The diaphragm was original to my MK5/109. There are several companies which make a few good models, but Scubapro is number 1 for a reason. With that said, I did pickup an almost new Atomic B2 with a Sherwood second and a Suunto Cobra for $350 recently. It has a Swivel and I bought it for my daughter. It's the only other company I would recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom