Fire at Alegro August 1, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hated those thatch roofs, the fact that they are flammable is another nail in that coffin.

1659402719847.png

Hate to see that. I was there in '15. Fairly nice resort. It was fairl well laid out and it was kept reasonably clean. Food was okay but nothing to to rave over. Best thing about it is it is close to good dive sites.

Stayed there in 2010, when our kids were little. It was a great place for a young family -- affordable price, kids pool with different do-dads, kids activities, nice sandy beach that you could enter barefoot. The food was what I would call cafeteria quality, but with their AI prices being low it was fine to splurge for a taxi to and from town a few nights for a better dinner. Although we haven't stayed there in years, I hope the fire doesn't change things too much.

Edit: On wow, this looks bad:

I was there last December and they were replacing thatch roof in many buildings. You would think this stuff would be sprayed with fire retardant. This is the place that burned down in 2014.

I hope everyone is safe and can get back to work as soon as possible.

My friend who works there lost his gear in the fire as it was his day off. He is super mad and now needs to replace all his equipment. He is super sad :( It cost a lot of money in Mexico to buy new gear.

Didn't the palapa roof on La Choza burn something like three times before they finally moved to a building without one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom