Fire at Alegro August 1, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Para Goon I have passed on the Facebook page to the thread at Tripadviser we have going.

I do not think we are going to get any compensation out of it. Barcelo can just completely ignore us and be OK. Yes, some reputational damage but nothing major for them. Like one of their managers at Occidental told us after we've been there for 12 hours: "You should appreciate what we are doing for you"
We have reservation at the GO for December...10th time! I may call and CNX as we get closer depending on how the guest at the Allegro are dealt with...We also have reservation in town, so I may just extend those.

DONT forget your CC may cover a good amount of your losses!

DONT forget your CC may cover a good amount of your losses!
It's worth checking, but it's always good to buy good trip insurance for trips out of the US, primarily to cover medical risks that may well not be covered by your regular insurance, and repatriation, medical flights or whatever. So often we see news stories of those who don't can get inadequate medical care or begging for help getting home. Trip insurance is cheap, and also covers property losses.

I do not think we are going to get any compensation out of it. Barcelo can just completely ignore us and be OK. Yes, some reputational damage but nothing major for them. Like one of their managers at Occidental told us after we've been there for 12 hours: "You should appreciate what we are doing for you"
They are waiting for us to just give up. We can't give up!

They are waiting for us to just give up. We can't give up!
Did you join the new FB page? It looks like it only has 73 members. but it can be a forum for comparing stories: Bei Facebook anmelden

I saw some posts about US law firms contacting guests. I don't know if any of those have actually taken the case. I did not see any posts about guests filing trip insurance claims or on homeowner insurance riders.

Passing the resort in the boat last week, it appears that they have reopened the beach part of it. Or the locals have taken it over. There were people on the beach and in the chairs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom