Fire at Alegro August 1, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea of a previous Wyndham location. First I've heard that there was one. My first of many trips was in 95 when I used a relatives time share at Sol Caribé (now the Park Royal) In all of my trips I've stayed in town or south of town, never up north.

No idea of a previous Wyndham location. First I've heard that there was one. My first of many trips was in 95 when I used a relatives time share at Sol Caribé (now the Park Royal) In all of my trips I've stayed in town or south of town, never up north.

Yeah before your time I guess, I started going there in 1990

My first trip to Cozumel was in 1978, by cracky. :D

I would have been there in 1978 but I was only 9 :rofl3:

So do you remember there being a Wyndham south of international pier? Surely someone else does. I;m wondering what it turned into.

So do you remember there being a Wyndham south of international pier? Surely someone else does. I;m wondering what it turned into.
Sorry, I don't remember, if I ever knew. In 1978 the only thing at Chankanaab was a little open air restaurant where you picked the fish you wanted to eat from a live tank. I snorkeled in the lagoon.

The only places south of the International pier in 95 were the Presidenté and the Fiesta Americana. I walked down & snorkeled the area between them on that trip more than once.

DandyDon: I was looking at the 3 levels of travel insurance offered by General, Standard, Preferred, and Premium. Do you know which one offers the primary medical?
No, but that’s just a billing issue. They’re all required to pay.

For awhile Wyndham managed what used to Sabor/Aura (former Reef Club) which is now Sunscape/Secrets. Now part of AMR resorts. Wyndham now manages Hotel Cozumel.
When I say manages, I don't believe Wyndham is an owner of any. (Sunscape/Sabor was part of an ownership group of which Rafael Nadal was one. Don't know now).

Dale you are right about the former Reef Club and related sections of that complex joining the Wyndham Franchise system. I had forgot about that arrangement which was terminated very abruptly when the reports came out there was Legionnaires Disease discovered there. As for hotel ownership from everything I've read joining the Wyndham franchise is just that & they aren't selling to Wyndham.

Edited to add I did a search on Tripadvisor and it looks like they lost the Wyndham Franchise in the summer of 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom