Vessel German woman missing after Sea Legend fire - Red Sea

This Thread Prefix is for incidents related to one or more vessels from kayaks to ships.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all these reports lately it's easy to write off all Red Sea liveaboards as safety risks but both I've been on have had muster drills on the first day where you grab your life jacket out of the cabin (or from the alternate stash on the fly deck) and meet at the evacuation point. Let's not use a broad brush to paint the entire destination with the failings of a few risky operations.

Yes, full safety briefing and walkthrough from cabins to exit at bow on Grand Sea Serpent last year. Life jackets in cabins. Couldn't fault the approach to safety on the boat. That said, if I ever do another liveaboard trip anywhere in the world, I'll be booking an above deck cabin.

Nice...these reports and the Houti actions will make Red Sea LOBs cheaper

With these reports, amazed I'm still alive after all my visits to the Egyptian Red Sea. Just got lucky?
**** I reckon having lived there that I must have used 12 of my 9 lives!

Added to the list. Thank you.
Yanbu is good; but let s be honest the egyptian side is better

Farasan island is not very good diving wise; if you absolutely want to go make sure to go between September and may.

Yanbu is good; but let s be honest the egyptian side is better

Farasan island is not very good diving wise; if you absolutely want to go make sure to go between September and may.
I wouldn't bother going down as far as the Farasan's - Sudan is much better.

Sorry to have taken this thread off topic. Red Sea live aboards reminded me of an old desire to visit the Farasan when I was living in Riyadh. It "seemed" that operators out of Jeddah were on their game, although I never got to experience a multi-day trip, so really couldn't comment on adherence to safety protocols.

With all these reports lately it's easy to write off all Red Sea liveaboards as safety risks but both I've been on have had muster drills on the first day where you grab your life jacket out of the cabin (or from the alternate stash on the fly deck) and meet at the evacuation point. Let's not use a broad brush to paint the entire destination with the failings of a few risky operations.
Yes, this ^ …

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom