Finally made my purchasing decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went out and dove with my new gear for the first time yesterday. Have to say i am very happy with the equipment i purchased. 1000 times better than what i trained in.

i really like the back inflate bc. establishing neutral buoyancy seemed to be a heck of a lot easier. the bc did tend to push me over a bit at the surface, so its not a myth.

that really is not a big deal to me as i like to lay on my back at the surface anyway. i ended up mostly just inflating enough to have just my head out of the water. no need to lean back if you do that.

i guess it depends on how comfortable you are at the surface. i can see where some people might not like to float with just their neck out of the water.

i just wanted to mention this for those that may be considering a back inflate. i am very glad i decided to go with the back inflate. the difference in feel underwater was like night and day compared to a jacket style.

not a lot to say about the regulator except that it breaths like a champ.

so i am very excited with my gear and cant wait to hit the water again soon.

RockyTop:
SP MK16/S550 Reg and
SP Knighthawk BC w/AIR2

I am going to get this setup in the next couple of days so dont try and talk me out it. I was finally able to get some sleep last night.

Thats what I have and love it, except I have the S600 instead of the S550 Congrats on the choice it is a good one.

Whoever it was who said you will never need to share air. I've had to share air 7 times! All of them in training but if they see a point in teaching you how to do it and put such a point on practicing it, it is most likely to happen to each diver at least once in a open water situation. However I've seen more than one diver run out of air. But I wasn't their buddy and it was easily sorted out with their buddy. Anyway, congratulations on getting your own gear. I couldn't wait till I got mine and I'm currently running and scrounging for a second set up which is going to have a DIMW (dive it my way) set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom