finally got some time ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
... to download the pics I've taken in the past week or so.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/WP4gT9ZK

Here's my favorite ...

P1010046-1.jpg

... taken last Friday night at Cove 2 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Very nice! Almost makes me wish I'd consider local diving. :wink:

Bob, that squid came out AWESOME!

I had only seen it on your camera after that dive, it looks really good close-up.

Wow, until I got to the bottom of the picture, I thought you had taken that last night!

I think those squid are absolutely wonderful. They glow from within when you hit them with the HID lights. The picture captures the same kind of glow.

We spent several minutes enjoying a comb jelly the same way tonight. The seal left us alone that long :)

Wow, just incredible!

Isn't nature wonderful?

I've gotta get a drysuit!

Bob, that's just simply spectacular! How do you take a photo like that? What I mean is prior to the shot going off you're basically pointing the camera into the black abyss. How do you get it to focus? Do you have some kind of strobe set-up that provides a focus light prior to the shot? (I'm a photo idiot)

-Ben M.

WOW, that was very nice! I just sent the link to a friend of mine who dove the PNW a bunch when he lived there.

NWGratefulDiver:
... to download the pics I've taken in the past week or so.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/WP4gT9ZK

Here's my favorite ...

P1010046-1.jpg

... taken last Friday night at Cove 2 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That is just beautiful. Wow. The show was really nice. With that music the fish seemed to be telling some sort of tale. Thanks.

airsix:
Bob, that's just simply spectacular! How do you take a photo like that? What I mean is prior to the shot going off you're basically pointing the camera into the black abyss. How do you get it to focus? Do you have some kind of strobe set-up that provides a focus light prior to the shot? (I'm a photo idiot)

-Ben M.
Well, the trick is to take a lot of pictures and hope you time it right on one of 'em. I took six pictures and only that one came out nice. The squid is attracted to the focusing light (a tiny red beam) and keeps jumping into the lens when you press the shutter. Most pics will be out of focus because it takes a couple of seconds for the camera to focus and fire ... and a squid can cover a lot of territory in that amount of time.

Last night I took a bunch of squid pics, and all I got was squid parts and fuzzy shots.

Sometimes ya just gotta get lucky ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom