San Salvador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Gerace Research Center last June for a conference, the first held since well before COVID. I had spent several days prior in Nassau diving with Stuart Cove’s and I’m ashamed to admit, I never even got in the water at San Sal. I was too worn out from Nassau.

Jean Paul had apparently decided to work for the Riding Rock back about 2013 or 2015 and was there when I had one of my stays. Oddly, some of the guests from Club Med came down and dove with him at RR while I was there. Captain Bruce was running the boat and JP was doing DM. The next time I went, 2 years later, JP was back at Club Med, and they sent me up from RR to dive with HIM! There is a lot of cooperation on that little island.

The last time I was @ RR, I was the only diver in residence, so Bruce took me out on his little personal dive boat and I accompanied him while he tried to work on the Lionfish population. Boy do the Groupers love “Lionfish on a Stick”!

🐸

Reactions: mbs
Years back CM was pretty restrictive on your dives. 45 minutes max, etc... Especially so if you were not buddy diving. I recall when they started offering nitrox I said to Jean Paul, why bother if you are going to limit me to 45 mins. He said 60 is fine and we never had an issue again. Again that is for buddy divers, follow the dm may be more limited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom