finally got some time ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thelawgoddess:
yeah; he was cool ... and very patient, letting me follow him all over the place to take pictures. unfortunately i was shallow and stuck in a surge, so it was super extra-challenging. i believe it is a "common atlantic octopus" - they are actually very good at hiding themselves, and often look green in photos because of how they react to camera flashes. the photo was taken during a night shore dive in cozumel.

missdirected, that toadfish is cool! where did you find him???

Just out here in the gulf. He must be "the man" because he had his own private cave going on. Well actually there was an arrow crab that you can just make out to the right of the toad. Anyway, that was at the bottom of a ledge way back in. I had to hover there for quite a while to even get those shots.

Out of respect for the OP; I don't want to hijack this thread. If you want to come here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=170639&page=43 I will post a couple shots of octo's (which are my favorite right now) I took while in SoCal :D :D :D If you do drop in, might I suggest you don't bother reading the whole thread. Just go on to the last page.

Stunning pictures Bob!

Back
Top Bottom