Votes: 39 27.7%
  • good old fashioned fins, nothin' fancy

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Scubapro Jets

Votes: 25 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried just about everything out there. I have had surgery on both knees and my knees get very unhappy easily. I had been in the habit of snorkeling barefoot becaseu I couldn't find fins that didn't bother my knees. When I started diving people suggest split fins. They weren't TOO bad...then I found the Volos! My knees don't know I'm wearing fins....they take me where I want to go. Last year I sprained my ankle badly during a dive trip. I couldn't walk at all...but with my wonder fins...I could still dive and no pain to the ankle. These are UGLY...I wish they looked prettier...but I love the way they work,

Recently I switched from Mares Quattro to Extra Force Fin. I like the Quattro quite a lot, very powerful, did not have any problems with the currents but I hate to pack them as they are quite large and certainly require quite a bit of lower extremity strenght (eventhough it is not as demanding as the Planar Avanti).
However when I tried the Force Fins, the effort required for fin kicking is significantly less and still with very good thrust and have very good acceleration. Have not had an opportunity to try them in strong current yet but on my last trip, I did one dive that was 90 minutes long. In the past, regardless of how shallow the dive is, I never managed anything more than 70 minutes before. I would like to contribute this to my improvement in breathing technique :) but the fins may also contribute something.

Personal I still like my first pair of fins the Force Fins in black, cause they were much cheeper than the lovely colours.

They rock, I can frog kick, piviot, speed away, turn in tight areas.

Some people think they aren't that good as they are not traditional in design, but give them a go and you'll find out that the design works.

=-)

Albion once bubbled...
still looking for the force fin button!!!!!

Stole my girlfriends Mares volos the other day, they are good but not that good

Me too, I find that when you lead them to friends to try during the surface intervals they enjoy being able to zoom around, they are amazed at how fast they move you thru the water.

PS: they look cool too!

My wife and I both have Mares Volos and love them. I thought I wanted a pair of Tusa Zooms until I tried them. Difficult to do varied kicks with but they were fast.

My wife and I both have Mares Volos and love them. I thought I wanted a pair of Tusa Zooms until I tried them. Difficult to do varied kicks with but they were fast.

Cressi frogs, love 'em, but primarily apollo split fins, oooh these are soft rubber that melds to your feet, and comfy-pure P_ _ _ _ _ :) zeN

it's amazing a fin poll without a choice for force fins? The poor wee little ugly duckliings of the fin world that just happen to be the biggest advancement in human underwater proplusion ever invented. What a cruel, superficial world,

etype once bubbled...
it's amazing a fin poll without a choice for force fins? The poor wee little ugly duckliings of the fin world that just happen to be the biggest advancement in human underwater proplusion ever invented. What a cruel, superficial world,

Rodales hasn't bothered with them either in the past 3 years because the split fins are so much better than anything else.

who cares about Rodale? If what Rodale says carrys a lot of weight with you...well then you don't get out enough to really have an opinion.
I suggest to you the frequency of reviews in Rodale really doesn't matter when you are talking about a subject that exists in the actual, material world that is used by actual corpereal divers. Rodales reviews are important in a
virtual world where magazines and advertisements form the backdrop to this imaginary world created for people who are not yet comfortable with navigating the real world. In the real world...Rodales reviews mean about jack squat....and they lead away from reality...not towards it.

Back
Top Bottom