Votes: 39 27.7%
  • good old fashioned fins, nothin' fancy

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Scubapro Jets

Votes: 25 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc once bubbled...

Rodales hasn't bothered with them either in the past 3 years because the split fins are so much better than anything else.
I rather doubt Rodales doesn't test them because they're bad fins. Much more likely they don't test them because they don't get them for free.

Look at their computer tests: Seen any HS Explorers, VR2 and 3s, DiveRites or Cochrans tested lately? Cochran not in years, the rest ... never? Let me guess, they're all bad computers?
If you bother to read other dive mags you'll see that there is plenty of equipment and/or manufacdtorers that Rodales doesn't test that aces theirs. Force Fins included, providing the divers know how to use them.
Usually it seems a love/hate thing, divers seem to always be at either end of the scale.

I for one like them. Bio-Fins & Atomic splits, too. Quattros work well for me, too.

I was snorkling (no scuba gear) against a river flow and wearing Rocket fins and kicking pretty hard to stay in place and not float down the river. Then I borrowed a pair of Force Fins and tried swimming against the same flow. Compared to the Rockets, The Forcefins felt like they were producing much less resistance, almost like I was not wearing fins. I was kicking a lot faster than I would with my Rockets and with seemingly little effort. And I noticed that I was progressing FORWARD AGAINST the current and at a fair pace. I was impressed. Those fins were like being on a 10-speed bike and shifting to a lower gear while heading up hill. My feet moved faster and I made forward progress. Perhaps Force fins are not the best fin choice for all conditions, but from what I saw, they are nice and I wouldn't mind owning a pair.

Back
Top Bottom