Votes: 39 27.7%
  • good old fashioned fins, nothin' fancy

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Scubapro Jets

Votes: 25 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Mares Quattros, especially the buckle release system they have. Makes for easy on/off of the fins

Barriecuda

ScubaPro makes Jet Fins. I believe IDI makes Turtles - which are a knock off of the SP Jet fins.

I/We have Apollo Biofins and Atomic Split Fins. My first split fins were the Apollo's (now my boys') and I still [somewhat] prefer them to the Atomics -- not sure why, probably just have more dives in them.

The shop sells Atomics, so I wear Atomics most of the time -- I actually like the foot compartment a bit better than on the Apollo's as it is a little more rigid and I feel like I get a slightly more effective kick. They are also lighter and therefore my pick for traveling.

Otter

I have both the Quattros and the Jet Fins. I like the Jets better, they are easier to manipulate in the water.

:turtle:

I really like my scubapro split fins. I have a set of blades that seem to be more work than they're worth. The only thing I don't like about the splits is the strap doesn't swivel under for puttin them on.

Barriecuda once bubbled...
I like the Mares Quattros, especially the buckle release system they have. Makes for easy on/off of the fins

Barriecuda

Me too. It is so much easier to get them off and it stays locked for me.

However, they are big for me. It took some getting used to. : )

I love them. R

Personally, I wear blades in the ocean and rockets (w/ heel springs) in the caves and quarry... I like the rockets because they are small and have some uumpf to them, also they are basically bullet proof. blades give me good air consumption and a lot of power and speed when I need it (like in one of our offshore NC currents!)
also blades are cheaper than quattros (I do like quattros though...)

what are the aeris fins like? I heard they do not have any power and you can't froggy kick in them worth a poot... true?

diveski01 once bubbled...
ScubaPro makes Jet Fins. I believe IDI makes Turtles - which are a knock off of the SP Jet fins.

Your probably right... I'm not sure though...

Back
Top Bottom