Votes: 39 27.7%
  • good old fashioned fins, nothin' fancy

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Scubapro Jets

Votes: 25 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like my Mares Volos.

I use the Mares Avanti Quattro and Quattro Power. Have tried a lot of other fins, but I still find that these Mares work best for me.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

I own some old Cressi Frogs, a pair of ScubaPro Twin Jets, and a pair of Apollo BioFins. Also have a pair of Aeris Velocity's for doing laps in the pool.

The Cressis are the slowest and and hardest to kick of the bunch. I think I like the Apollo's the best, though the ScubaPro twinjets are a close second.

Quattros - never looked back since i bought them 3 years ago.
When they finally wear out, I'll get another pair!

I prefer a long deliberate stroke compared to the faster freq of the split fins

I switched from TUSA Liberator X to Cressi Master Frog in April. I love my new fins very much. The Master Frog is much better and more responsive to acceleration than Liberator X.

I had to modify my kick (not kick so big) but boy can I fly. They maneuver better than I thought given their length. The length is a problem topside. For cattle boats I may need to use something shorter (they make you keep your fins on coming up ladder).

....love my Atomic Aquatic Split Fins! They are so comfortable, and the foot pocket and buckle system are great!:)

Kayla:)

I have a pair of SP Jets, Twin Jets and just plain old SP blades.( I can't remember what their actual name is). I like my Twin Jets ok but then I bought some Jets and it was like night and day. The Jets, in my opinion are so much more versatile than the Twin Jets. On the other hand they are a lot more tiring to use than the Twins. Overall I'm much happier with the Jets.

For dry suit diving, US Diver Jet Fins with spring straps. For anything else, Atomic Split fins.

The splits are more comforatable and powerful, and once you learn how to use them they frog kick and reverse just as well as conventional fins. Some split fins are too floppy; the Atomics are firm enough to work.

The Jets with springs are easier to get on and off in a drysuit and less susceptable to becoming unbunkeld or to slip, a problem I found when diving dry with the Atomics. Also, they're are shorter so the are better for photography and wrecks. For power, they are more work and less efficient. Everything is a trade-off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom