Ferry schedule since Barcos Caribe started service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't remember if the other 2 companies have seat drink service, but we noticed it as a big plus on Barcos. The only way I could see myself going back to one of the other 2 would be strictly for a timing/schedule issue.

Oh my gosh yes. My Ultramar guy brings me a beer as soon as he sees me. Even though I prefer Ultramar on the benches listening to Latinga to MWJ and I haven't been on Barcos Caribe, my favorite boat is the NEXT one as I won't be waiting. I would like to try the BC boat. I hear it is much faster, but less comfortable when the seas are high.

I would like to try the BC boat. I hear it is much faster, but less comfortable when the seas are high.

See post #16. BC does not get to the other side any faster and may on average be a bit slower. That despite the possibility that its cruise speed at times seems a bit higher than one or both of the other ferries.

See post #16. BC does not get to the other side any faster and may on average be a bit slower. That despite the possibility that its cruise speed at times seems a bit higher than one or both of the other ferries.

That is a bit confusing. Did you adjust for the late departures? If not, then BC is faster correct?

My crossing times were based upon arrival in Playa and stated departure time from Cozumel. If BC is consistently later in departing but has a higher cruise speed, they are no faster from a scheduled arrival point of view. One takeaway from my study was that there is no significant crossing time advantage, on average, between the three ferries.

Cost yes.

Age of boats, if that really matters, perhaps.

Other amenities, perhaps.

As you stated, if I arrive in Playa from CUN, I will take the next available ferry.

My crossing times were based upon arrival in Playa and stated departure time from Cozumel. If BC is consistently later in departing but has a higher cruise speed, they are no faster from a scheduled arrival point of view. One takeaway from my study was that there is no significant crossing time advantage, on average, between the three ferries.

Cost yes.

Age of boats, if that really matters, perhaps.

Other amenities, perhaps.

As you stated, if I arrive in Playa from CUN, I will take the next available ferry.

Ok, then to MY way of thinking, the BC boats are FASTER. I take the next ferry that leaves. MANY times I hit the dock a minute or two after a ferry left, so a late leaving ferry suits me fine. Oddly most of the time it is Ultramar which is ok.

I was happy to see the BC new schedule, leaving Cozumel 15 minutes before the hour all day. I caught the 7:45am boat, actual sailing time about 7:55 I think it was - and only 30 minutes to cross. Nice!

I found a small, legal taxi in PDC that would take me to Cancun for $50 USD - less than I paid the airport taxi into city when I arrived so late Wednesday. I splurged. Got to my dentist office 2 hours earlier than previously planned. This will help in a long ass day...!!

I was happy to see the BC new schedule, leaving Cozumel 15 minutes before the hour all day. I caught the 7:45am boat, actual sailing time about 7:55 I think it was - and only 30 minutes to cross. Nice!

I found a small, legal taxi in PDC that would take me to Cancun for $50 USD - less than I paid the airport taxi into city when I arrived so late Wednesday. I splurged. Got to my dentist office 2 hours earlier than previously planned. This will help in a long ass day...!!

Don, 50 should be what you pay. My vans do that.

And is BC now quarter of, all the time?

This is what they had posted:

barcos caribe.jpg

barcos caribe2.jpg

Don, 50 should be what you pay. My vans do that.
50 USD sounds like a good rate. I wouldn't normally plan to spend that much alone, but this trip has had some issues. I got a small car for $50 tho. You got a van for multiple people and bags for that?

And is BC now quarter of, all the time?

This is what they had posted:
Yeah, for now anyway. Where did you find those signs?

50 USD sounds like a good rate. I wouldn't normally plan to spend that much alone, but this trip has had some issues. I got a small car for $50 tho. You got a van for multiple people and bags for that?

Yes, all day long, 4 people and luggage. In fact I got the girls slightly better than that for vans with 2 people and one with three. Mexico is all about know a guy.

Yeah, for now anyway. Where did you find those signs?

On Barcos Caribe Facebook Page. I didn't think to look at them in Playa or CZM in person.

---------- Post added May 30th, 2015 at 12:23 PM ----------

Check your FB messages, DD.

So they have added 4 trips more than the 10 they started with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom