New ferry service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pre COVID schedule still hasn't been restored, the first morning crossing from Playa is at 8 AM. Pre COVID it was 7AM and prior to Borge's Dad bombing Barcos Caribe they had a 6:30 AM crossing this would allow me to take a late flight into CUN and cross in the morning and catch the morning dive at 8
😭
All new hours. On the days ultramar does even hours they leave cozumel at 6 am. Both winjet and ultramar go after xcaret at 8:30 and 9:30 in Playa and 5:30 and 6:30 in Cozumel now.

All new hours. On the days ultramar does even hours they leave cozumel at 6 am. Both winjet and ultramar go after xcaret at 8:30 and 9:30 in Playa and 5:30 and 6:30 in Cozumel now.
What time currently is the first Ferry from Playa to Cozumel.
How difficult is it for a diver to make it to the island for a morning dive?

What time currently is the first Ferry from Playa to Cozumel.
How difficult is it for a diver to make it to the island for a morning dive?
8 am and then the xcaret boat is 8:30 am, impossible to catch most morning dives. Scubatony does afternoon dives just for folks like you at 12:45 pm.

8 am and then the xcaret boat is 8:30 am, impossible to catch most morning dives. Scubatony does afternoon dives just for folks like you at 12:45 pm.
Having not taken a ferry for years, I have no idea what an Xcaret ferry is. What is it?

Thanks

Dave Dillehay

Having not taken a ferry for years, I have no idea what an Xcaret ferry is. What is it?

Thanks

Dave Dillehay
It's the new ferry service that lionfish-eater talked about in post #1.

Thanks

Dave Dillehay

They are a little smaller, a little newer, a little faster, less space overall, fewer seats on the upper outside deck.

1716334954235.png

1716335000451.png

Thanks, just another company ferry…not destination.

Dave Dillehay
yet

They already have boats to their parks from the cruise ship terminal for excursions

yet

They already have boats to their parks from the cruise ship terminal for excursions
This feels like the endgame IMO

Suck even more cruise ship passengers off the island and over to the mainland to the Xcaret parks

Back
Top Bottom