Favorite Breakfast Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$9 US for breakfast? Seriously? In Mexico? Champagne and caviar?

I've always assumed they have plenty of breakfast customers from the 3 affiliated hotel, so they aren't looking for outside business. Rather it's a "if you really want to pay it, you can eat here..."

It's a decent breakfast though.

Maple Bakehouse/ El Maple on Calle 6 is yummy, Cozumel Islander by Chedraui is good too.

I was pretty happy with breakfast at Antique Coffee on Benito Juarez between 10th and 15th last summer. It was 80 pesos for one of their two desayunos completos (American with waffles or Cozumeleño with chilaquiles) and came with the best coffee I had that week (which I like black). They don't have an extensive menu, but it was good, fast, and cheap. Usually you only get to pick two of those.

I wouldn't pay the 180-something pesos for the buffet at Casa Mexicana. I was happy to have it last week included with my stay, but even on the days that I wasn't diving and could take my time, I think there are better options for the money.

I was pretty happy with breakfast at Antique Coffee on Benito Juarez between 10th and 15th last summer. It was 80 pesos for one of their two desayunos completos (American with waffles or Cozumeleño with chilaquiles) and came with the best coffee I had that week (which I like black). They don't have an extensive menu, but it was good, fast, and cheap. Usually you only get to pick two of those.
Nice! Looks like they open at 7am, so they're on our Dive Breakfast spots now.

$9 US for breakfast? Seriously? In Mexico? Champagne and caviar?

I hear ya, no way I'd pay for it if it wasn't included but it's not expensive relative to other places. Places I've stayed at Caymans and Bonaire wanted about $15.

I'd previously mentioned Coz Coffee (5th Ave pedestrian mall, between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte). The menu is more limited than Rock 'n Java, but they open at 6:30 (7:00 on Sundays). The service prompt and everything I've tried has been good (bacon, egg, and cheese on multigrain, crepes, mashed avocado on toast). And excellent coffee!
We ended up eating breakfast at Coz Coffee 9-10 times this trip. Great americano and the peanut butter coffee is crazy good (a little pricey though).

The menu was a lot more extensive then I remembered, the owner is a great guy and Melissa is just...wow. :flowers:

We'd normally get their croissants, the bacon/egg/cheese sandwich or one of the skillets. Only had one off day, when the skillet wasn't cooked right, but it was a backup cook and we never saw him again. Highly recommended for anyone working with a 7:30 dive pickup. We were there every visit right around 6:30 and usually gone by 7.

coz-cof-menu2.jpg

coz-cof-menu1.jpg

I usually eat something at the surface interval at Playa Palancar beach club. But if you are staying in the downtown area, there's a place next door to me that does a HUGE take out business with the locals...sandwiches are about 10 pesos and they open at 6 a.m. Close around 2 p.m. Corner of Ave 15 and Calle 9. So it's not a sit-down breakfast but man, the local traffic is CRAZY.
Does anyone else know of a breakfast restaurant in the central area that consistently is open and ready to serve breakfast prior to 7AM?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom