Favorite Breakfast Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually just eat yogurt and granola in the room on dive days, but on non-dive days, Rock'nJava, Jeanies, Blue Angel are top stops ...

Does anyone else know of a breakfast restaurant in the central area that consistently is open and ready to serve breakfast prior to 7AM?

Coz Coffee opens at 6:30am. I've never been there that early so I don't know if that's when, "employees start wandering in" or if they are ready to start serving promptly, but either way, it should allow at least 1/2 an hour for breakfast and coffee, maybe more. If I remember I'll ask Tom next time I'm there.

Yes, they open at 630am. Been there a few times at that time and they’ve got great coffee and an awesome breakfast sandwich. I stayed at a hotel nearby that didn’t serve breakfast until later. Used to go there for breakfast and was out by 715 and had time to go back to the hotel and be on the pier at 745 for pick up.

We loved Rock N Java, their chilaquiles are legit. La Choza was great too, but they don't open until 7:30am, so unless you're diving with a shop that leaves after 8am, it's a no-go. We looked for other places with:

- good food and service
- open at 7am or earlier
- walking distance from Tres Pelicanos/Aldora

Rock N Java was really the only one that hit all those points. We ate at Mar Y Juanas once and I was very underwhelmed. Bland, generic food and fake OJ.

Still hoping to hear about any good places that open at 6:30am for our trip in Feb.

rockn1.jpg

Still hoping to hear about any good places that open at 6:30am for our trip in Feb.
I'd previously mentioned Coz Coffee (5th Ave pedestrian mall, between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte). The menu is more limited than Rock 'n Java, but they open at 6:30 (7:00 on Sundays). The service prompt and everything I've tried has been good (bacon, egg, and cheese on multigrain, crepes, mashed avocado on toast). And excellent coffee!

I'd previously mentioned Coz Coffee (5th Ave pedestrian mall, between Juarez and Calle 2 Norte). The menu is more limited than Rock 'n Java, but they open at 6:30 (7:00 on Sundays). The service prompt and everything I've tried has been good (bacon, egg, and cheese on multigrain, crepes, mashed avocado on toast). And excellent coffee!
Thanks, I walked by in Nov. and checked out their menu, but it's really limited.

We may give the Casa Mexicana buffet another look, though with the way the exchange rate is dropping, it'll be over $9 by the end of Feb.

I think the breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana can be purchased even if you're not staying there...

Thanks, I walked by in Nov. and checked out their menu, but it's really limited.

They were trying to expand the kitchen (which I assume would also expand the menu) but they haven't gotten the landlord to go for it yet.

I think the breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana can be purchased even if you're not staying there...
Yeah, I mentioned the price would probably be over $9 in Feb. It's about $8.50 right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom