Fancy Ads Slowing the Site Down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought about moving to the USA??? We don't have those infrastructure problems here! :D :D :D

LOL! Welcome to rural Ohio :D

Do you have cell phone service?

Verizon Broadband Access

I only get 1 signal bar at the house with Verizon, I get 2 if I'm lucky and the weather is clear. When I make a phone call I have to be in the kitchen or I risk dropping the call. My phone doesn't reliably recieve calls in the computer room either :( With that kind of reception there's no way I'm paying $60/month for service, might as well go with the DirecTV.
Ber :lilbunny:

I only get 1 signal bar at the house with Verizon, I get 2 if I'm lucky and the weather is clear. When I make a phone call I have to be in the kitchen or I risk dropping the call. My phone doesn't reliably recieve calls in the computer room either :( With that kind of reception there's no way I'm paying $60/month for service, might as well go with the DirecTV.
Ber :lilbunny:

I got a 3 watt booster for my cell. Plugs into the wall at home or into the power supply port in the pickup. Around $300, I think.

But then when I select a cell phone, I look for one with a pull-up antenna, a place to plug in an outside antenna - good reception, not sex appeal like most of the US.

I have noticed that it takes 15-45 seconds before I can enter my login information without the cursor blinking and delaying. Once everything is loaded, the cookie takes effect and enters my log-in info for me, but before that it is a slow wait.

Darn, I wish I was getting those "Coed Boarding School" ads. Heck, I could have written the script having taught for 10 years at a boarding school that underwent the transition to coed in the fourth year.

I have noticed as well that it takes longer for the whole page to load since SB got the "Team Scuba" ads and the larger ads...
I'm not a paying member, have cable (not dial up) and yes, to me, SB is taking a long time to load.
K

Compared to other vBulletin forums with this much traffic... SB loads quite well.

It may not be the fastest (yet); but it's certainly not the slowest.

We are still optimizing our setup to increase the speed at which pages are served up, and hopefully within the next 30 days we'll be launching our second "load balancing" server which will greatly increase the speed at which web pages are served. (this has been stated before in the thread)

It isn't any 1 specific advertiser or ad or any of the ads for that matter. The fact remains that the board is growing and the number of users is growing, which puts a strain on the server. Our web server frequently runs at high loads from all of the traffic. Adding this second web only server to balance the web traffic will greatly help out.

.... The fact remains that the board is growing and the number of users is growing, which puts a strain on the server. .....

geez, i said i was sorry.... and i promise, only one window now for posting... not 10 like the old days :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom