Fancy Ads Slowing the Site Down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, that's good news. Glad it's Google and my cookies posting the Animal House ads and not SB. I know where this comes from - the sites I visit to gather email cartoons and vids for emails, not that I think anyone will believe that. No, problem - I added my own Flash show to my SIG...

Hey Don. Could you send me some cookies. All I get are scuba related ads.:D

Okay, that's good news. Glad it's Google and my cookies posting the Animal House ads and not SB. I know where this comes from - the sites I visit to gather email cartoons and vids for emails, not that I think anyone will believe that. No, problem - I added my own Flash show to my SIG...
Keep digging Don, the hole gets deeper and deeper.

There is truth to you being "a gentleman and a rogue."

Merry Xmas.

I think Howard said it, but his wit is so subtle and dry.

It comes with being a Mod :crafty: :hippy:

Hey Don....maybe if you cleaned out your private message file it'd load quicker!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:hmmm: I recently noticed that my Supporting status got messed up and reinstated it. I wonder if this happened while I was not Red but hadn't noticed? I don't see any ads on the side today...?

No, that's not it. I turned Supporting off for this test and still don't see any ads?

Okay, well - let me know when y'all get thru changing ad loading and I'll test again. :confused:

They're there for me Don... The ads have been viewed 143,000 times already today :wink:

There have been NO changes to the ad server set up in quite some time. :)

They're there for me Don... The ads have been viewed 143,000 times already today :wink:

There have been NO changes to the ad server set up in quite some time. :)
Perhaps I need to let the test run longer - not just turn off Supporting and refresh? Or maybe I can't just select Guru to turn off Supporting?

Mostly, I wonder if I had the originally stated problem while not Supporting and none of us noticed?

Mostly, I wonder if I had the originally stated problem while not Supporting and none of us noticed?

Possibly.

I just logged off of SB on my other computer and went to forums as a guest. Still no ads showing on that computer?

I have a dial up and the site is getting pretty rough to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom