Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYou'll need a permission slip from your instructor more than likely. Ginnie is retarted like that.

But then it's stupid, to be honest. So I'm allowed to go into the cave as intro but with single tank? Who goes overhead with single tank???? This more than unsafe....

I will ask GDI to issue such permission.

Mania

But then it's stupid, to be honest. So I'm allowed to go into the cave as intro but with single tank? Who goes overhead with single tank???? This more than unsafe....

Mania

Yeah, its stupid. If your cave agency doesn't allow doubles without a waiver, Ginnie won't let you use them. If you have a card that shows either Basic(instead of Intro) or has doubles listed within the Intro Level, it probably won't be a problem. NACD doesn't allow doubles within Intro without instructor supervision or a waiver from an instructor. Looking at your profile again, TDI might be allowed if you have a TDI Intro Card, as they don't have any such silly limitations on singles/doubles(even in Cavern). Might want to call ahead and double check though, Ginnie may not be familiar with all agencies certification standards.

The thinking behind it is that it will limit penetration and keep Intro divers from diving beyond their 1/6ths(in doubles) limitations without going into deco. If people are going to break rules, they will simply do that. Taking away your redundant air source is a stupid way to accomplish it IMO, but I didn't make the rules.

Awwwhhh JeanO, you know I say that with all the love I have (and maybe just a teensy bit o jealousy...:wink:)
Awww.... :D
Thanks !
(I knew that...)
No jealousy btw...You do things in dat Salt environment that makes ME JEALOUS !!!

Jeano of Beano

P.S. Now I know WHY I feel bent-over all of the time... :D

Mania

Mania:
Better yet , Have GDI come over and dive with us ... :rofl3:
He needs to exact revenge on me in the Mud Tunnel at Ginnie anyway.
(Long story , and GDI Laughed all the way thru the tunnel at me anyway...I heard him...)
Btw: I really LOVED GDI as an instructor btw... :D
Besides being a Minnesotan , I can STILL talk close to Canadian anyway :rofl3:

Beano Jeano

Jean
the problem is (and I'm still crying because of this) that Rick will be out of the country at that time. Anyway he promised me to send a permission plus I do have TDI c-card so I can use this one instead of NACD.

I will do a refresher course right after the Megadive with Jim Wyatt at Rick's recommendation.

Mania

To the diver asking about renting/borrowing gear:

I used to have almost two sets of gear (went from "I need to borrow gear!" at the ffirst megadive to that in less than a year.....) but sold some of it to fun dother purchases at college....I still have an extra BC you can use, it's a men's BC, medium.

"Marchand" on this board is a good friend of mine (unless he does something crazy, then it's more ike "who the heck is that?" :) ) and right now he has ridiculous amounts of gear (he's got a job.....:( Hey, 'm a full time student! No time for work! ), I'm sure I can coax him into bringing some of it. It's not all new, but it's pretty trustworthy (check your life insurance policy though....) :) He's got a buttload of tanks (unless he already loaned them out....every time he gets them all back from people, he loans them out again) and I'm sure he'll loan them out if you pay for the gas ($4 a fill, if yu want to be really nice, you'll drag them up to Cave Excursions for a fill)

He'll probably see this post, if he doesn;t I'll ask him next Saturday when we meet up to dive Manatee (still working on my trim with this BP/W. I love it, and cannot wait to move even closer to the "dark side," but I need this mysterious thing called a "job" in order to afford an intro to cave or cavern or whatever the cert is.....the more I talk with Rick at CE the more I know I want it :) ) Ginnie rents gear, and there's multiple shops in Gainesville (Aquatic Centre, Waterworld, Lloyd Bailey) that rent gear, but if you can get it for free or for favors................

As for the diving at Ginnie, there's tonnes of OW diving. I'm only an OW diver (who likes to pretend he knows more than AOW divers) and I'm kept busy. Furthermore, there's so much to do above the water (chilling, drinking chilled beverages, eating decidedly un-chilled baked goods, chilling some more.....bullcrapping with SBers around a fire....or trebuchet.....) that you actually have to work to get in very many dives!

Mania:
Let me know and I can give you numbers of places to call for Doubles Rentals. (Even Ginnie has some doubles to rent).
I can get you the numbers for :
CEE
Cathy's
Wayne's
and a couple others that SHOULD have the right doubles you need. What size btw?
LP 85's? (or something close to that?)
Din?

Or even better , I can reserve a set for you. Well , if I tell them it's for someone else , they should do it. If it was just me , er , well , my reputation gets around , you know. :shakehead: :(:(:(

Oh , I assume your TDI Level allows Doubles. (YAY)

Thankies !
Jeano Beano

P.S. If you can't get the Doubles waver from GDI (etc) I guess we would need a single with dat H valve-ie thingie ... :D

I did a couple of splashers today at Ginnie...Flow is up a bit (but still DOWN from normal) Vis is like , er , pristine in there , as usual.

"Marchand" on this board is a good friend of mine (unless he does something crazy, then it's more ike "who the heck is that?" :) ) and right now he has ridiculous amounts of gear (he's got a job.....:( Hey, 'm a full time student! No time for work! ), I'm sure I can coax him into bringing some of it. It's not all new, but it's pretty trustworthy (check your life insurance policy though....) :) He's got a buttload of tanks (unless he already loaned them out....every time he gets them all back from people, he loans them out again) and I'm sure he'll loan them out if you pay for the gas ($4 a fill, if yu want to be really nice, you'll drag them up to Cave Excursions for a fill)

He'll probably see this post, if he doesn;t I'll ask him next Saturday when we meet up to dive Manatee.

Yep, you were right on a number of things.
1. I saw the post.
2. You would do that to me
3. I have a job
4. It isn't all new (except for for the new to me reg)
5. It is very trustworthy
6. I loaned it out and am working on getting it back.

there were a few things that I think you made up, like the "ridiculous amount of gear" and the "buttload of tanks."

since when is 4 regs, 3 BC's, 3 pairs of fins, 130# of lead, 2 primary lights, knives up the whazoo, 2 pairs of booties, 2 masks, a computer, and a lift bag "ridiculous?"
And I only have 8 or 9 tanks that is not what I call a "buttload"

Now that I think about it... you just killed my excuse to get a bp/w and a ponybottle. :shakehead:

Now that I think about it... you just killed my excuse to get a bp/w and a ponybottle. :shakehead:
Nice going JahJah. :shakehead:

:D

I don't think I can call you my friend anymore :bash:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom