Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We might be able to grant a special variance in your case. A bottle of rum would suffice as a thank you gift.:D

Seriously, come on up. We usually have several day trippers show.

Maybe there are talks in the works among the Senior Management for the MegaDive that the entrance fee to Turkey Roost is now one SAID bottle of dat Rum stuff.
I'll bet there going to need more totes. :11:

As for me , I'll swim down from Devils and sneak up on em from the backside (riverside). Unless the heave-objects-into-the-river-thingie is operational. Then I'll just sit in the Eye and pout.

Jeano Beano

OK
On a more serious note...
I need to rent doubles. Where and how????
Who will help me????

Mania
PS. It's only a month.....hurray!!!!!

Hi everyone!!! According to all the posts everyone sounds like they are doing great. I am officially living in Florida now; from Alabama. Net is up and working so now I can keep up.

Seems to me like there's a dive going on that I had said I would like to go to. Is Ginnie just caves and is everyone there going to be cave cert? I'm not so if everyone is in caves...well, you get the pic.

On another note now....I have an air mattress, some sleeping bags (if I can get my hands on them) and I can bring some food. Is Chili on the menu yet? I'll think of some other dishes later to bring also. I'm thinking about cheese cake bars as well. Yummm.

I'm gonna throw a line out to see where it may take me. I don't have any gear yet and I'm noticing that the rental fee for "renting" gear from some folks is a bottle of somen somen....:wink:

I can scream Rum (big bottle) and whiskey (my friend Jack) real loud. Any bites? Okay, if not, can you tell me where the best place to rent gear is? Thanks.

Sorry this has gotten so long winded but it's been like 2 months almost since I've been able to really talk to anyone on here.

Debi :turtle:

Hiya Debi
Diving is OW. Not all of us are cave certified..just the crazy ones (now you know who to watch out for :D). The sane ones are not cave certified. There will be enough diving for those of us that walk upright (ya know, doubles....those divers walk hunched over! :rofl3:)

As the time gets closer, the food list will get updated. Basically, we have our now famous omelettes in the mornings, with a big lunch mid day/early afternoon. When everybody brings something, there is plenty to go around, and of course there will be a donation area for those that want to contribute $$. (Ken usually gets a bunch of chicken, burgers, etc. money left over is used for the next mega dive)

Sorry, can't help ya on gear, however, I would gander to say that through PMs somebody may be able to help you out. Oh, I do have a smallish BC you can borrow.

And of course, don't forget the rum! :D

Thanks Jenny....Rum, will do!!! Def. Thanks for the offer of the "smallish" bc, however, I'm gonna need a lg. My upper half tends to rule out any small sizes. I wish it weren't so though. :D A lg in womens any ways. Now dunno bout mens. I think in mens I was diving with like a med. Hopefully something can come through.

OK
On a more serious note...
I need to rent doubles. Where and how????
Who will help me????

Mania
PS. It's only a month.....hurray!!!!!

You can rent doubles from Cave Excurssions, just down the road from Ginnie. The problem will be getting them into a cave as an Intro Cave diver(unless your profile is not up to date). You'll need a permission slip from your instructor more than likely. Ginnie is retarted like that.

I can scream Rum (big bottle) and whiskey (my friend Jack) real loud. Any bites? Okay, if not, can you tell me where the best place to rent gear is? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Ginnie rents OW gear.

I'm pretty sure Ginnie rents OW gear.

Yes, Ginnie does rent gear. However, with us just moving here; if I'm able that is, I need to explore all of my options if they're out there. You know what I mean.

We might be able to grant a special variance in your case. A bottle of rum would suffice as a thank you gift.:D

Seriously, come on up. We usually have several day trippers show.

All right then. I am in. I will be comin up and bringing at least one diver with me. Look forward to meeting everybody.

Hiya Debi
Diving is OW. Not all of us are cave certified..just the crazy ones (now you know who to watch out for :D). The sane ones are not cave certified. There will be enough diving for those of us that walk upright (ya know, doubles....those divers walk hunched over! :rofl3:)

(sniff)... :11:
(sniff...sniff...) :(
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! :(:(:(

One of the Crazy ones... (Crying her eyes out)

P.S. No respect , I say , No Respect ... :no :rofl3:
Jenny , and to think , I was going to bring some rum for the tote.

Oh , on a serious note , if anyone WANTS to some TOTALLY CRAZY , let me know! Dems gold line down there for peeking at.

Awwwhhh JeanO, you know I say that with all the love I have (and maybe just a teensy bit o jealousy...:wink:)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom